Aftermarket Security + Remote Start Systems

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey guys - do any of the Type R owners have one of these installed?

I'm specifically looking for the following functionality
(1) Remote start from 2000 feet or so away through building floors
(2) Being able to monitor the security / alarm from 2000 feet away
(3) Being able to replace the factory key fob (I don't wan to carry two fobs)
(4) I want something that doesn't rely on wifi or bluetooth to work
(5) I don't want a system where I have to do all kinds of weird stuff before I turn off the car in order to remote start it later (other than putting it in neutral and putting on the parking brake of course)

I saw the Compustar T11 mentioned in a few threads but didn't see a write-up on it or anything. Thanks.
Sponsored

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they want to steal it they'll steal it. I don't think it's as desirable to steal as the old ones because the motors aren't swappable with the normal civics as of yet. They'd basically be stealing it for the seats and steering wheel

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
Hey guys - do any of the Type R owners have one of these installed?

I'm specifically looking for the following functionality
(1) Remote start from 2000 feet or so away through building floors
(2) Being able to monitor the security / alarm from 2000 feet away
(3) Being able to replace the factory key fob (I don't wan to carry two fobs)
(4) I want something that doesn't rely on wifi or bluetooth to work
(5) I don't want a system where I have to do all kinds of weird stuff before I turn off the car in order to remote start it later (other than putting it in neutral and putting on the parking brake of course)

I saw the Compustar T11 mentioned in a few threads but didn't see a write-up on it or anything. Thanks.
can be done... and can be linked to an app on your phone which will also activate reservation mode. Also the key fob is needed for active reservation mod so according to the video you could just mount it in your car and not take it with you.. the fob itself is just needed to enable it..

sorry no write ups but know it can be done as based on below.

they even added parking and lane detection sensors

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can be done... and can be linked to an app on your phone which will also activate reservation mode. Also the key fob is needed for active reservation mod so according to the video you could just mount it in your car and not take it with you.. the fob itself is just needed to enable it..

sorry no write ups but know it can be done as based on below.

they even added parking and lane detection sensors

Key fob is not needed.
Mine is done with fortin module and viper smart start I can start my car from anywhere in the world From my phone. No key fob needed except when you get in the car.
Viper module I believe supports the type r now.

Deleted member 40377

I guess I'm a little old school. Regardless of how you leave your car when parked, all auto starts need to disable the clutch lock-out on MT. I never felt safe doing that, especially since I always left my car in 1st when parking out of habit.

Someone already said, if they want your car, they're going to get it. Just leave it less desirable. Park next to AT if you can, they take that as it's easier...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I guess I'm a little old school. Regardless of how you leave your car when parked, all auto starts need to disable the clutch lock-out on MT. I never felt safe doing that, especially since I always left my car in 1st when parking out of habit.

Someone already said, if they want your car, they're going to get it. Just leave it less desirable. Park next to AT if you can, they take that as it's easier...
There are some systems that require you to do a dance if you’re trying to put a remote start on a manual transmission car. I remember one that requires you to park your car, put up the parking brake, leave it in neutral, leave the car running as you leave the car. Then you press the remote start button and the car will shut off and lock. The remote start would then be in its “armed” state. If at any point you unlock the doors (to access the car for example), the remote start would disarm itself so it wouldn’t work until you did the dance again.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are some systems that require you to do a dance if you’re trying to put a remote start on a manual transmission car. I remember one that requires you to park your car, put up the parking brake, leave it in neutral, leave the car running as you leave the car. Then you press the remote start button and the car will shut off and lock. The remote start would then be in its “armed” state. If at any point you unlock the doors (to access the car for example), the remote start would disarm itself so it wouldn’t work until you did the dance again.
some make it very simple and depending on the skill of the installer can be customized.

my song and dance is the same steps as getting out of the car.

While holdin the brake when the car is in neutral engage the parking brake.
Once the parking brake is engaged let go of the brake. The car will unlock and you’ll hear a click of the relays.
get out of the car and as soon as the door shuts the car turns off and is in ready mode.

it’s no different than the steps I would normally take so you don’t even notice you’re doing a song and dance.
Sponsored