Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone

just curious if those individuals with a 6MT have gotten an aftermarket car starter installed?

i've been looking around and found some from Fortin and iDatastart that can use the OEM remote (big selling factor for me) and have harnesses that do not require cutting wires (biggest selling factor)

anyone have any experience with systems like these? are the self installable, or would it require professional install?

Thanks
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I self installed the Fortin system for my non push to start 6MT hatchback. No problem thanks to the harness, you just need to make sure you have the Fortin Flash Update tool to configure it.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The Fortin EVO-ONE is as close to plug and play as you can get.

I have an EVO-ALL/Viper 5906 combo in my 6MT non-push-to-start. Installation on a push-to-start is actually easier because you don't have to deal with the heavy-gauge ignition wires.

Our cars also have a neutral position sensor in the transmission. You can set the RS up to operate like an automatic without the manual shut-down sequence.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
I self installed the Fortin system for my non push to start 6MT hatchback. No problem thanks to the harness, you just need to make sure you have the Fortin Flash Update tool to configure it.
Did you document this? Would love to tackle this with my 6MT as well.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone

just curious if those individuals with a 6MT have gotten an aftermarket car starter installed?

i've been looking around and found some from Fortin and iDatastart that can use the OEM remote (big selling factor for me) and have harnesses that do not require cutting wires (biggest selling factor)

anyone have any experience with systems like these? are the self installable, or would it require professional install?

Thanks
I have installed 2 Fortin systems with the wire harness for each specific car. These are fairly easy to install, making sure you fully understand the directions and how the system works will ease some headaches.

Fortin currently has a wire harness for both key start and push button. The push button harness is very new, so much that I can't find it for retail sale yet. Key start harness is thar-one-hon2 and push button start is thar-one-hon6, both using Evo-one system. 3x lock button to remote start.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you document this? Would love to tackle this with my 6MT as well.
I did not but Fortin has great install instructions on their website.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. The Fortin systems can be set up to start the car from the OEM remote by pressing "lock" three times.

The EVO-ONE doesn't even come with key fobs.
Sweet... This is what I was wondering... If I get the EX Civic key, can I just program it to work with the little circle button like the factory fob?

And how safe is this? Do you still need to push the button when you get in the car after remote starting it? I can't find much info on this but definitely would love to add this to my car

BubbzWasHere

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
So there's a way to use the factory key fob with one of these systems??
I use the factory key to remote start my 6mt sport, non push to start. It is a Solace remote start, and I believe they used iDatalink as well, or he at least mentioned it at one point. I'll have to find my receipt again. It works perfectly every time!

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet... This is what I was wondering... If I get the EX Civic key, can I just program it to work with the little circle button like the factory fob?

And how safe is this? Do you still need to push the button when you get in the car after remote starting it? I can't find much info on this but definitely would love to add this to my car
I haven't gotten installed on my Civic yet, but from what I can find on Fortin website once your unlock the door you can get in and drive away. If you want the security, you can change a setting in the programming to shut the engine down whenever the door is opened after remote start.

As far as the key fob, it will depend on the programming options( I haven't seen these yet), but from what I understand getting a different fob programmed is around $100. Might just be easier to use 3x lock to remote start.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

The way the RS operates depends on how the system is installed and there's lots of variables.

If you have a push-to-start, the engine is going to shut down when you put your foot on the brake pedal during the takeover process. This is a quirk of how the car operates and right now, there's nothing you can do about that.

If you have an actual key-operated ignition cylinder the process is seamless and doesn't involve any engine shutdown.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Civic Type R... Only comes push button and 6MT... Normally I just push the clutch and button to start it...

Also since it is 6MT Honda decided to give a slightly more basic key fob with one less button than an EX model for example... I work at a Honda dealership... So programming isn't my concern on that new fob, I'm more interested in if I can use the little circle remote start button like the factory system uses to start it rather than 3×lock... Is the system configurable to another button on the fob I guess is what I'm asking lol...

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On the R, yes, you can use the OEM "circle" button to start the car in place of three presses on the lock button.

Understand though, when you get in the car, the car will shut off during the take-over process (when you place your foot on the brake). That annoys the living crap out of some people but is a non-issue to others.

I'm in Weston, too BTW.
Sponsored