Aftermarket lower bumper guard reinforcement?

Camo5

First Name
Camden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX CVT pearl blue hatchback
https://imgur.com/gallery/xpol7eu

I hit a coyote over the weekend and my new precious is in for repairs...Looking for any aftermarket things people have done to their bumpers to make them stronger. The tow truck that came to get me (wasn't about to drive with my engine intake 2" off the ground in pouring rain) also hit a coyote but his truck was fine...smh

I saw somewhere else a guy put a $5 filter guard to protect his intercooler from rocks but can't seem to find the page...
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I'm just thinking out loud here, but if you had a front tow-bar mount (the kind for towing the car with an RV, not a racing type hook), you could conceivably fashion a guard from this point pretty easily.

I don't know of any particular product for a Civic available off-the-shelf that can do this. Most of this stuff is for trucks or police cars.

In NYC, you see people with aftermarket bumper guards but these are to avoid parking mishaps caused by rude people. I don't know if they'd work against an impact with an animal.

OP
OP

Camo5

First Name
Camden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I was more of the fashion mounting something off of the front bumper to hang low, likened to adding a bush guard tube in front of the intercooler. The animal had cut through the thin plastic.
Alternatively I stop driving backwoods country at night xD

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used the screen material (like what's used in house windows) behind my bumper to keep crap from hitting the intercooler/air filter. Not going to stop a coyote but keeps the daily trash/rocks out of it.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used this stuff, gutter guard,was like 3.00 for a huge roll, cut it down to size and zip tied it on.
Its not gonna stop an animal either, but its way more protection for the intercooler than what Honda has, which is nothing.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket lower bumper guard reinforcement? IMG_20181017_161351
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket lower bumper guard reinforcement? IMG_20181017_161351

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used this stuff, gutter guard,was like 3.00 for a huge roll, cut it down to size and zip tied it on.
Its not gonna stop an animal either, but its way more protection for the intercooler than what Honda has, which is nothing.
IMG_20181017_161351.jpg
IMG_20181017_161351.jpg
Any pic with it on the car?

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That damage is not that bad for what a coyote can do.
I hit one in a 1995 chevy suburban it busted the headlights -grill bent the bumper and put a big dent in the hood and that was just driving 70 mph

OP
OP

Camo5

First Name
Camden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That damage is not that bad for what a coyote can do.
Body shop told me it did $3500 in damage, <.<
That being said I'm gonna at least try that gutter guard mesh
Sponsored