CaptainDingo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT 1.5T
Country flag
Hey guys, I am still learning and new to this, and wanted to check in with you all for a 10th gen aftermarket intake and exhaust.

I'll be upfront, I'm not sure if I care about performance right now. The child in me wants to have a little more noise than what the stock provides. But I wouldn't mind doing performance stuff later down the road once my warranty is up.

With that in mind, what would be a good purchase for noise now but would be able to adjust well with either a Ktune/Hondata later on down the road?

I was considering the Mishimoto SRI for the intake and maybe the GReddy Supreme SP for the exhaust.

If it helps, I am looking more at SRI's because of sound. I live in Texas and it get's hot during the summers, but when it rains, it pours. So because of that I was avoiding the CAI options for a lot of manufactures. However, I do know people who have CAI's and tell me they don't have issues. So I guess I wouldn't be completely opposed to CAI's if it meets what I want (sound now and performance later).

Hope you all can help! Would appreciate all the ideas and opinions!
Sponsored

SonicDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 M/T
Country flag
I have a Greddy Supreme SP for my M/T sport and I love it....I also just recently put a PRL stage one intake which is just the Silicone hose and high flow air filter...Its a tiny bit louder but not much. The stock airbox does a great job and although the sri will give you a great sound I'm not a fan as i had one on my 8th gen and i used to get alot of heat soak so i eventually went to back to stock air box

OP
OP

CaptainDingo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a Greddy Supreme SP for my M/T sport and I love it....I also just recently put a PRL stage one intake which is just the Silicone hose and high flow air filter...Its a tiny bit louder but not much. The stock airbox does a great job and although the sri will give you a great sound I'm not a fan as i had one on my 8th gen and i used to get alot of heat soak so i eventually went to back to stock air box
Hey, thank you for the reply! Glad to hear that I can have the Greddy on my radar of purchases! So like I said, I am fairly new to the car scene. What does it mean to have heat soak on the SRI? I was originally looking at the Mishimoto SRI because it has a heat shield. Will that not be enough to protect it from heat?

OP
OP

CaptainDingo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This was the Mishimoto SRI I was looking at:

https://www.mishimoto.com/2016-honda-civic-turbo-air-intake.html

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
Hey, thank you for the reply! Glad to hear that I can have the Greddy on my radar of purchases! So like I said, I am fairly new to the car scene. What does it mean to have heat soak on the SRI? I was originally looking at the Mishimoto SRI because it has a heat shield. Will that not be enough to protect it from heat?
No, the shields are never enough to keep the heat out. A PRL or 27WON true cold air intake is the way to go.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27WON makes a CAI where the filter is high in the bay so it shouldn't be a hydrolock issue. There are a LOT of exhaust options out now as well so you'll just have to look around and find one that you like. I myself prefer Thermal R&D and let them use my first hatch to develop the Sport exhaust.

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
27WON makes a CAI where the filter is high in the bay so it shouldn't be a hydrolock issue. There are a LOT of exhaust options out now as well so you'll just have to look around and find one that you like. I myself prefer Thermal R&D and let them use my first hatch to develop the Sport exhaust.
If it's in the bay, it's not a CAI