Aftermarket HU

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have been looking around the forums for a bit. I just got a 18 hatch sport. I’m looking at replacing the head unit as a start for the audio system. I have noticed that a lot of people have gone the route of the android units. Does anyone have any recommendations for something from pioneer, alpine or even kenwood?
It seems that on YouTube a lot of the videos are for the Phoenix head units. While I like the features (except I want CarPlay), I would rather have a “traditional) headunit that isn’t just running Android.
Sponsored

daPyr0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
Country flag
I don't think anyone has found a fully integratable solution for an aftermarket head unit. Specifically, ensuring the system options, climate control, cameras, etc. all still function has proven to be a sticking point.

If all you care about is playing music/nav/etc. throw in any of the aftermarket units and you can make it work. Even though they do support things like climate control, I don't recommend the Phoenix units, they don't seem to actually have the best performance based on what I've seen around these forums. If you care about being able to use any of the other things the stock unit can do, wait until better is available.