aftermarket Civic SI clutch

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Any news on ACT? Checked their site along with sending an email but nothing.
Sponsored

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am very happy with the clutch masters FX400 for street and track. The pedal feel requires some getting used to, but the improvement in performance is worth a little pedal training.I am pulling 306 hp, so I had to replace my stock clutch pretty quick. i started with the FX300, and it was not to rugged enough for the power.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm crossing my fingers my fx350 survives a PRL turbo and methanol :bow:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your making over 360wtq I'd say it's gettting close to the limit of the fx350 especially if your running stock dual mass flywheel.

Addaj2707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Fx350 has worked great for me catches very well the pedal is a little stiffer than OEM not much tho

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it easy to glaze over Kevlar in traffic? Specifically around 60 miles of traffic daily
You’ll be fine lol and what clutch you using?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If your making over 360wtq I'd say it's gettting close to the limit of the fx350 especially if your running stock dual mass flywheel.
Single mass fly. Got them as a pair :)

Turbo has been ordered ;) cortex EBC already on my desk

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
FYI - The CM FX350 is a Street & Race configuration. I understand that the clamping force claimed by manufacturers is vague at best; however, 110% increased holding capacity relates to the actual vehicle it is designed for (e.g. if a vehicle can hold 250lb/ft, then 110% would be just over 500lb/ft). The Street & Race configuration means that the set-up can be abused more so than just a typical street configuration.
For example: On a vehicle that was achieving 443lb/ft of torque, the FX250 designed for that clutch application was effective - since the vehicle was already capable of 330lb/ft from factory.

Additional Note: If clutch teathering (slight release while depressing the throttle pedal) is a consistant technique, then any clutch can be worn down sooner.

Hope that brings some peace of mind.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI - The CM FX350 is a Street & Race configuration. I understand that the clamping force claimed by manufacturers is vague at best; however, 110% increased holding capacity relates to the actual vehicle it is designed for (e.g. if a vehicle can hold 250lb/ft, then 110% would be just over 500lb/ft). The Street & Race configuration means that the set-up can be abused more so than just a typical street configuration.
For example: On a vehicle that was achieving 443lb/ft of torque, the FX250 designed for that clutch application was effective - since the vehicle was already capable of 330lb/ft from factory.

Additional Note: If clutch teathering (slight release while depressing the throttle pedal) is a consistant technique, then any clutch can be worn down sooner.

Hope that brings some peace of mind.
Lol who are you?Curious because you write in bold text for a reason. Also the FX350 for the 10th gen is confirmed rated for up to 390 ft lbs of torque by Clutchmasters

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol who are you?Curious because you write in bold text for a reason. Also the FX350 for the 10th gen is confirmed rated for up to 390 ft lbs of torque by Clutchmasters
Getting information from other than Clutch Masters (e.g. MapPerformance) is not from the manufacturer themselves.
Direct your inquisitions to the manufacturer. You still won’t get your answer. Only directed to a product that fits your application and intended use.
(everything in BOLD intentionally)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting information from other than Clutch Masters (e.g. MapPerformance) is not from the manufacturer themselves.
Direct your inquisitions to the manufacturer. You still won’t get your answer. Only directed to a product that fits your application and intended use.
(everything in BOLD intentionally)
Again where's your information based off?

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again where's your information based off?
Verbatim - Clutch Masters worked with me on my project 6yrs ago and these were the basic peramters explained.
Clamping force more so applies in engagement. CM High pressure plate and diaphragm spring design provide for better force distribution and less moment of inertia.

There are other factors that will determine the life of a clutch, or as some may apply “reliable”. Such as - improper installation, break-in procedure, driving style, and light weight flywheels.

To say no more, Clutch Masters in their own words: “Torque ratings can be deceiving since it does not take into consideration the factors that will alter and drastically change the holding capacity of a clutch kit such as tire size, driving style, naturally aspirated vs forced induction, or nitrous. All of these factors and elements play a major role in determining the torque rating capacity of a clutch kit”.
Sponsored