aftermarket Civic SI clutch

silverbullet

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
What are the options for aftermarket clutch for the 2017 Civic SI?

Does the clutch masters for the 1.5 T Base fit?
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
What are the options for aftermarket clutch for the 2017 Civic SI?

Does the clutch masters for the 1.5 T Base fit?
Clutch masters is the only other option besides OEM at this moment, the FX 300 for the base 1.5T includes the Si model. Yes it fits. That’s the one I’m going to get. There’s also the FX 350 but there’s been reports of it being not so daily friendly. But it will hold more power, and it’s just something to get used to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
silverbullet

silverbullet

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
I hear the flywheel or clutch was different from the SI & EX-T. Trying to find some clarification before ordering the base model 1.5 clutch.

wesgoood

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si MSM
Competition Clutch has one in the works. Yeah though, Clutch master FX300 and FX400 seem the way to go. FX350 has way too many reported issues.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Clutch has one in the works. Yeah though, Clutch master FX300 and FX400 seem the way to go. FX350 has way too many reported issues.
There’s been one report of it being okay once broken in, and clutch pedal adjustment will be key here. But the 300 is plenty until we get a turbo upgrade.

wesgoood

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si MSM
There’s been one report of it being okay once broken in, and clutch pedal adjustment will be key here. But the 300 is plenty until we get a turbo upgrade.
I dunno if you look up not just 10th gen civics but previous gens, focus st forums, wrx, etc.. a lot of users complain about chatter even after the typical break in period, plus multiple videos demonstrating the issue.

Also vendors are selling FX350s cheaper than FX300s, which tells me something is up.

OP
OP
silverbullet

silverbullet

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Looking at the fx400 sprung ceramic disk unless another company starts making them. wish exedy would, they do make the stock clutch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
silverbullet

silverbullet

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
From my research the FX400 is the go to clutch has very good reviews from all different types of vehicles. My buddy had one installed and liked it and said was perfect for street. Curiius what model PRL and Vit are running.

wesgoood

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si MSM
From my research the FX400 is the go to clutch has very good reviews from all different types of vehicles. My buddy had one installed and liked it and said was perfect for street. Curiius what model PRL and Vit are running.
FX300 I would say is perfect for street. FX400 is more of a street/track. It will chatter in 1st gear and reverse and that's confirmed by Clutch Master themselves. Engagement is great though.

OP
OP
silverbullet

silverbullet

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Ya that's how I found out we have exedy clutch stock lol looking foward to your full review on it. I know you said you had to adjust the pedal? Did you remove the delay Valve? thanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2009 CRV EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya that's how I found out we have exedy clutch stock lol looking foward to your full review on it. I know you said you had to adjust the pedal? Did you remove the delay Valve? thanks
I had e-man install if for me. No sure if he removed a delay valve.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, it’s definitely one of the nice ones, but for the power you’ll be making with this 1.5t platform and the average person, fx300 is plenty good enough.
Sponsored