dkizl

First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I recently installed a pioneer avh-210ex I'm 2016 civic lx, and after doing so, when I use my backup camera, now it only shows directly down(facing my bumper). Before the aftermarket install, I was able to choose between 3 different viewing angles but now it only shows this one. It should be showing directly behind the car and not the top of bumper. The camera to my knowledge is not physically adjustable either. I spoke to pioneer and this unit doesn't have camera options such as view angles. I also spoke to axxess and they both said they have never heard of this issue or know how to fix. Has anyone ran into this problem and or have a fix? The install was performed incorrectly as my steering wheel controls don't work either but the installer said he wired that wrong but also has no clue about the camera situation.
Sponsored

Rycomm

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic HB Sport 6MT Aegean Blue, among others...
Country flag
I've read on this site that someone had figured out a way to choose one(of the three)v by connecting to a different wire or adding a resistor or something. It's probably best to do a search and see if you can find the solution that worked.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, the installer wouldn't know. It's a weird wiring set up for the camera in order to change the angle. That's why nobody's heard of it. There's a thread on here going into detail of it

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
In the harness with the backup camera, cut the tan wire.

OP
OP

dkizl

First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Just cut the wire? Then do I just leave it?

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Just cut the wire? Then do I just leave it?
Do you have facebook or discord? If so pm me your info and I will show you which pin it is in and what camera view you get from cutting it.
Sponsored