after TSB for grinding noise on warm start...its BACK a year later

Hassan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic exl 2016
Car is at the dealership this morning..they are trying to duplicate it again, I told them its exact same issue as first time...went away for several months and now its back. So do you need to get a lawyer to claim lemon law?
Yes you do need a lawyer in order to win
Sponsored

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag

Hello,

I had the valve body in the CVT supposedly fixed using the latest TSB. The noise went away for a while then over time I could tell the noise was coming back. Now it's a pretty regular sound again every 5th or 6th start when it's still warm, spin up grind and you can hear it. I talked to the Honda service manager that managed this problem earlier and they're going to be looking into it. Possibly replace the transmission with a 2018 version since the TSB replacement didn't work. Other then that there are no other issues, it’s a great car to drive as commuter with plenti o zip.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Hello,

I had the valve body in the CVT supposedly fixed using the latest TSB. The noise went away for a while then over time I could tell the noise was coming back. Now it's a pretty regular sound again every 5th or 6th start when it's still warm, spin up grind and you can hear it. I talked to the Honda service manager that managed this problem earlier and they're going to be looking into it. Possibly replace the transmission with a 2018 version since the TSB replacement didn't work. Other then that there are no other issues, it’s a great car to drive as commuter with plenti o zip.
Replace the complete trans? is this just a thought from the dealership? or is American Honda stating to possibly do this?