After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip)

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic hatchback sport that i got used and noticed it was missing the expensive $500 “sport lip” so im wondering if i could use this lip for a replacement for the OEM one?
Sponsored

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic hatchback sport that i got used and noticed it was missing the expensive $500 “sport lip” so im wondering if i could use this lip for a replacement for the OEM one?
Bump

dillydilly92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I can vouch for this lip. I just installed it on my 18 sport hatch. Fits great OVER the factory sport lip. Only issue i have i believe is my own fault, the sides right in front of the fender wells very slightly slope downward. I should be able to readjust to straighten it.

I believe you could use it if the factory sport lip isnt there. I just installed this same lip on my 18 Sport hatch and i belive it might would work. I still need to take mine back off to have painted sometime so when i do ill take some pics of off of the car.

OP
OP
tdurham19

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
Yes it should because you probably have the same “lip” as the lx and si.

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it should because you probably have the same “lip” as the lx and si.
No it’s different , that’s why I cant buy the HFP red lip because the lx and si don’t come with the $500 underbod spoiler add on the hatchback sport and sport touring come with.

OP
OP
tdurham19

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
No it’s different , that’s why I cant buy the HFP red lip because the lx and si don’t come with the $500 underbod spoiler add on the hatchback sport and sport touring come with
Can you post a pic of the front of your car?

Stenguyen1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
A couple of weeks ago I damaged the front lip of my 2018 civic sport. There was a few people on the forum that had this problem but no fix. The damage was just cosmetic, no structural damage. A new lip from the dealer was around 500$ so that was not an option. Online it seems all the lips for the sport mount under the stock lip, this wouldn’t work. So I bought the Bayson R lip for the Si on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TR-Style-F...176041?hash=item5211b1b0a9:g:0LkAAOSwF2FbwUMA

After test fitting the new lip, it fit perfectly over the stock lip. All the mounting points lined up either to the bumper or the stock lip. To keep everything in place I had to also reinforce the stock lip and added about 8 self tapping screws to secure the stock lip to the bumper.

F40EB1B6-61A9-427C-A314-CBAD903F975B.jpeg
F1EF60F1-17FF-4DCD-98A8-99B3ABFD421C.jpeg
4B36F9D0-A208-4565-90FE-0E729A9689ED.jpeg
0D80CE7F-E067-40CA-A287-F232DBB51409.jpeg

The lip does come with a pretty decent finish, however, I had some spray paint laying around so I did do about 3 coats of black, a couple coats of clear, and wet sand and polished it.

Overall I’m very happy with it. The lip does stick out more then the stock lip but it is nothing crazy. Some people might not like the little winglets on the side, but they do go well with how the side skirts flare up.
Awesome man, thanks for the info. Had this in my cart for a while now.

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
I can vouch for this lip. I just installed it on my 18 sport hatch. Fits great OVER the factory sport lip. Only issue i have i believe is my own fault, the sides right in front of the fender wells very slightly slope downward. I should be able to readjust to straighten it.
Did you have a look at fixing this issue yet? I know the Si version has the same issue and that's what's making me hold off on purchasing it.

harrytos23

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was lost for a bit. You said you put it under the stock SPORT LIP? Because I'm looking for a front lip that won't need to remove the OEM SPORT LIP OF HATCHBACK. Thanks

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I was lost for a bit. You said you put it under the stock SPORT LIP? Because I'm looking for a front lip that won't need to remove the OEM SPORT LIP OF HATCHBACK. Thanks
I’m looking at the pics and it looks like you need to remove the stock sport lip to fit this new lip.
Sponsored