Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Sounds great!
I think its definitely one of the better sounding ones ive heard. Is this the price we can expect for cat backs on this car? 1600-2k? that seems like a lot in comparison to other catbacks from the same manufacturers

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
I think its definitely one of the better sounding ones ive heard. Is this the price we can expect for cat backs on this car? 1600-2k? that seems like a lot in comparison to other catbacks from the same manufacturers
That seems to be the price range for the exhaust for the R. I think itā€™s because they are new, give it some time once manufacturerā€™s are having a hard time selling them they will be cheaper. Ones for the Sport hatch are ranging from $600-over $1000. I suspect the same will happen with those. I think itā€™s better to invest in a downpipe/frontpipe combo.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
For me it seems like aFe is gonna be the way I go. Initially thought Milltek was gonna get my money, but Iā€™m leaning more towards aFe or MAYBE Remus now. Idk...

Side note I will probably compile a master list of the exhausts coming out with audio files when I get a chance. May not be until tomorrow.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
For me it seems like aFe is gonna be the way I go. Initially thought Milltek was gonna get my money, but Iā€™m leaning more towards aFe or MAYBE Remus now. Idk...

Side note I will probably compile a master list of the exhausts coming out with audio files when I get a chance. May not be until tomorrow.
make sure you get under power and part throttle sounds - the sit and rev don't show the true vocals of the exhaust - probably the worst way to compare alone.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Nice...I like that little rumble sound

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
make sure you get under power and part throttle sounds - the sit and rev don't show the true vocals of the exhaust - probably the worst way to compare alone.
Iā€™ll do what I can. But ya know, only so man vids out of exhausts.

If anyone has any vids of their own posted up somewhere PM me the link and I may use it in the thread I make.

shakeb0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Tesla Model S, 11 Honda Insight
Sounds great! think they would be open to a group buy? :)
__

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-36616-c-takeda-2-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

price: $1405.69

Even the latest-model sport compact vehicles have room for improvement and is why aFeā€™s Takeda stainless steel cat-back exhaust system for the 2017 Honda Civic Type R L4-2.0L (t) engine is here to turn it up. In-house testing shows this Takeda exhaust system delivered gains of up to +19 HP/ +20 lbs. x ft. TQ and offers an aggressive growl under load! Constructed of 3ā€ into 2 Ā½ā€ mandrel bent, brush finished, 304 stainless steel tubing for improved performance flow, corrosion resistance and overall breath-taking appearance, it is 100% hand TIG-welded by certified craftsmen for race proven strength and durability. This uniquely designed system incorporates a resonator, dual free-flowing 304 stainless steel mufflers and a center ā€œopen-pipeā€ to improve performance across the power band while maintaining a smooth, deep tone. Dual 4 Ā½ā€ and single 3 Ā½ā€ carbon fiber tips (ā€œTri-Tipā€) provides a track-ready, competitive look.

Performance Gains:
In house testing produced a max gain of +19 horsepower and +20 lbs. x ft. torque

Brush Finished 304 Stainless Steel Construction:
3ā€ into 2 Ā½ā€ brush finished, mandrel bent 304 stainless steel tubing for maximum performance, corrosion resistance, durability and overall appearance.

Mitered Merge Collector:
A mitered collector separates exhaust gases into three individual tubes. This decreases turbulence and increase exhaust velocity resulting in increased horsepower, torque and improved throttle response.

Smooth, Deep, Aggressive Sound:
Uniquely designed, dual free-flowing 304 stainless steel mufflers and a center ā€œopen-pipeā€ to unleash horsepower and torque gains across the power band while producing a powerful, smooth, deep tone.

Tri-Carbon Fiber Tips:
This system features two 4 Ā½ā€ and one 3 Ā½ā€ double-wall carbon fiber exhaust tips. The tri-carbon tips or ā€œTri-Tipā€ completes the form and function of this Takeda exhaust system for a stylish and competitive look.

TIG-Welded:
100% TIG-Welded by certified craftsmen for race proven strength and durability. TIG-Welding provides the strongest welds reducing stress cracks.

Hassle-Free Installation:
OE-style bayonet hangers are used to maintain stable exhaust location during every driving condition. All hardware is included for a hassle-free installation. aFe POWER offers a 2-year warranty.

Note:
Will NOT fit Honda Civic Type R (FK2) Europe models.

All aFe exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured in our Corona, California facility.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
This setup looks like it'd drone BAD
Constructed of 3ā€ into 2 Ā½ā€ mandrel bent, brush finished, 304 stainless steel tubing
People have been crapping on anything that isn't 3" piping, but yet the aFe tapers down to 2.5" tubing and nobody bats an eye? LOL.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
This setup looks like it'd drone BAD

People have been crapping on anything that isn't 3" piping, but yet the aFe tapers down to 2.5" tubing and nobody bats an eye? LOL.
it goes from 3" to TWO 2.5" - (so from a sectional area of 7.069 to a sectional area of (4.909)*2=9.818)

shakeb0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Tesla Model S, 11 Honda Insight
Talked to someone from AFE and they said the exhaust is backordered to Dec due to the high demand. If anyone has received one and installed it, can you post videos to share?