Advice for dash camera that mounts to rearview

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Any suggestions for a small, lightweight continuous recording dashcam that I can mount on the back of my rearview mirror? I don't really need a screen, I just want to record for safety.
Sponsored

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Do you need parking mode (ie. recording while parked and detects motion)?

If not, I have this and to be honest with you it destroys the blackvue DR500 dash cam I had which was much more expensive and broke a week after the warranty.

Also, look up reviews on this dashcam, so many are positive. The only thing is all of the screen text is in chinese, but I use the app on my phone to connect to it via WiFi and it's all in english and even then, navigating options on the camera itself is pretty easily due to the images shown with the options

https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_268947.html

I bought it from here and got it about a month and a half later:

https://www.cafago.com/en/p-pa3566gy.html?utm_source=shareasale

(But buy from gearbest since it's chaeper. I got it for $39.99 at the time from cafago)

OP
OP

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I like that one but can it be mounted to the mirror? I really don't want to mount something to the windscreen.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I like that one but can it be mounted to the mirror? I really don't want to mount something to the windscreen.
No that I know of, but honestly having it on my widshield I can still barely see it from the drivers seat, any passengers can't see it at all.

All I can actually see is the buttons on the bottom part, that's it. I don't think there's a spot to mount a camera to our mirrors in these cars anyways.
Sponsored