adjusting boost tables

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
hello,

had my ktuner for almost a year now and have been doing research on how to adjust boost tables etc. a few questions i have that have been really picking my brain:

1. i am running the 21starter for my 1.5 6mt, and obviously the final target is set to 22.5psi as default. next the target limits on maps 1,2,3 are set to 18 psi (feels smoother than when on 21psi) and my BBG is set to:

1ST= 12PSI
2ND = 14PSI
3RD= 18PSI
4TH=20PSI
5TH=21PSI
6TH= 29(DISABLED)

my question is, because i have set these BBG targets in each gear, are these the max targets each gear will hit? doesBBQ over ride the final boost target of 22.5psi?

2, if i wanted to adjust one of these tables lets say the 3RD= 18PSI and wanted to target this at say 4000rpm, how would i be able to move the curve higher for this to happen?

3. copy and pasting. lets say i wanted to run 16.5 starter tune but wanted my target to be 18psi would i just copy the final target of 18psi starter tune and paste it into final target of the 16.5 psi tune?

apologize for all these questions i have read all ktuner online help pages on this and it does explain it i just need it breaking a little into noobie steps so i dont go doing anything wrong. some of you guys have some incredible tuning knowledge and eventually i would like to learn how to do safe adjustments until i get the more smoother feel at low end until 4000 rpm then it pulls me back into the seat :D

any help would be greatly appreciated. also ktuner have done an amazing job on this software it is by far the best purchase i have made so far!!
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You have full control of the target tables individually (Boost Target 1-3, ECO/Normal), so you can choose to target 18 at 4000 if that's what you seek to do. There's pull downs to adjust those targets to the level desired as a starting point. You can set it to 18 and then dial back the lower RPM numbers or make use of the ramping BBG. Adjusting the table can be done by direct entry, control-J, or control up/down.

Thanks! We appreciate the feedback.

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
You have full control of the target tables individually (Boost Target 1-3, ECO/Normal), so you can choose to target 18 at 4000 if that's what you seek to do. There's pull downs to adjust those targets to the level desired as a starting point. You can set it to 18 and then dial back the lower RPM numbers or make use of the ramping BBG. Adjusting the table can be done by direct entry, control-J, or control up/down.

Thanks! We appreciate the feedback.
Thankyou ktuner for your support! So if i am reading this right, i can adjust any of the boost targets in either map 1,2,3 and if i want the target to be achieved at 4000 i then dial down all figures in the lower rpm so lets say from 3000-3500 by a few clicks but try maintain the power curve on the 3D graph view without any flat spots? Also, if i left the tune exactly how it is as default, with all BBG being custom and thier BBG limits are like 32psi pre set. Does that mean my car will spool up to 32psi? Or does the final boost target over rule these pre custom BBG values? Sorry for the noobie questions its just im trying to learn to understand why as 21psi tune for e.g , there are higher targets in the BBG custom levels and which one is the main one to change to achieve the desired boost target if i wernt to do this by gear limit?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You have full control over all 6 targets, 3 ECO, 3 Normal.

As explained in the help BBG limits the target tables, so if the target is lower than BBG it will just run the targets from the target table.
Sponsored