Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Turn slowly very slowly or you will have -700 on your bank account.
You mean if he turns too much the adjuster screw eaither way there would be a point of no return ? That happen to me I had to Install a New headlight
Sponsored

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I parked my car on a flat surface, facing a wall about 8 ft away. Then turn your lights on. Then measure the height from the ground to center of headlight. Then make adjustments to make brightest spot on the wall level to the headlights. Make sure you level the left headlight to the right headlight as well. This worked for me
Why 8 feet away from the wall isnt it 25 feet? Or Does Honda have a specific lenght away from the wall?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Why 8 feet away from the wall isnt it 25 feet? Or Does Honda have a specific lenght away from the wall?
I only did eight feet because my garage ended at that point lol. If I went any further then my back tires would be in my driveway and start to slope down a bit. The ground has to be flat for this to work. And also the further you get away the more washed out the cutoff line is. So I just measured at eight feet and made sure the center of the drivers side beam was the same height as the center of the drivers side projector lense. Then I aligned the drivers side beam to the passenger side beam by utilizing the cutoff line. This line is clearer at a shorter distance. But that’s just how it worked for me. I see great and nobody ever flashes their brights at me so I’m not blinding anybody. Plus when I drive at night next to a wall you can see my cutoff line is nice and level. :cool:

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only did eight feet because my garage ended at that point lol. If I went any further then my back tires would be in my driveway and start to slope down a bit. The ground has to be flat for this to work. And also the further you get away the more washed out the cutoff line is. So I just measured at eight feet and made sure the center of the drivers side beam was the same height as the center of the drivers side projector lense. Then I aligned the drivers side beam to the passenger side beam by utilizing the cutoff line. This line is clearer at a shorter distance. But that’s just how it worked for me. I see great and nobody ever flashes their brights at me so I’m not blinding anybody. Plus when I drive at night next to a wall you can see my cutoff line is nice and level. :cool:
Im gonna attemp to Align them for the 2nd Time
Im Scare Lol
Like someone in thia thread said i dont know if you read if we go turn the adjuster screw too Far , there would it -700 on our bank account
First Time i try I turn the adjuster too much counter clock so when i try to Raise the hot spot clockwise it would do anything when i turn the screw adjuster clockwise so i had to buy another headlight . I ask for the Dealer for headlight adjsuting services but they starting acting like Dicks Lol asking all kinds of questions if I been on a accident when i told them i had LEDs they right away told they cant do it. I know theres no prefessional shops that would do it

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im gonna attemp to Align them for the 2nd Time
Im Scare Lol
Like someone in thia thread said i dont know if you read if we go turn the adjuster screw too Far , there would it -700 on our bank account
First Time i try I turn the adjuster too much counter clock so when i try to Raise the hot spot clockwise it would do anything when i turn the screw adjuster clockwise so i had to buy another headlight . I ask for the Dealer for headlight adjsuting services but they starting acting like Dicks Lol asking all kinds of questions if I been on a accident when i told them i had LEDs they right away told they cant do it. I know theres no prefessional shops that would do it
You have aftermarket led bulbs in your projector lenses?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have aftermarket led bulbs in your projector lenses?
Yes Bro i used to have the OEM bulbs
I change them for the 2stroke LEDs but beam pattern looks it needa to be lower and adjust

Dealer didnt want to do the adjust service because I have aftermarket bulbs lol
Im not going to that dealer no more

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes Bro i used to have the OEM bulbs
I change them for the 2stroke LEDs but beam pattern looks it needa to be lower and adjust

Dealer didnt want to do the adjust service because I have aftermarket bulbs lol
Im not going to that dealer no more
Yeah aftermarket led bulbs tend to change the pattern a bit so that’s probably why they won’t mess with it. Do you still have a good cutoff line or is it kinda muddy looking now?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah aftermarket led bulbs tend to change the pattern a bit so that’s probably why they won’t mess with it. Do you still have a good cutoff line or is it kinda muddy looking now?
For being LED has good cut off its Sharp and crispy white ill send you somepictures so you can see it yourself I havent align then tho I was planning to do it but its raining here in California

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For being LED has good cut off its Sharp and crispy white ill send you somepictures so you can see it yourself I havent align then tho I was planning to do it but its raining here in California
Yeah I would like to see it. But it has a good cutoff then you should be able to adjust them how I explained it earlier. What usually gets people is when you are adjusting it, it moves really slow. It takes a good amount of turns to make that beam move just an inch. So be patient with it.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I would like to see it. But it has a good cutoff then you should be able to adjust them how I explained it earlier. What usually gets people is when you are adjusting it, it moves really slow. It takes a good amount of turns to make that beam move just an inch. So be patient with it.
I just took a few pics its raining
Hope i got clear pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Adjusting/Aiming Low Beam Headlight? 20191207_005913

Honda Civic 10th gen Adjusting/Aiming Low Beam Headlight? 20191207_005916

Honda Civic 10th gen Adjusting/Aiming Low Beam Headlight? 20191207_005959

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just took a few pics its raining
Hope i got clear pics

20191207_005913.jpg

20191207_005916.jpg

20191207_005959.jpg
Yeah looks good! Real bright. It looks like the passenger side is slightly higher than your driver side, but not by much

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How many turns would it take to move an inch?
I couldn’t tell you exactly. But just be patient and watch that cutoff line as your turning. It will start to move trust me. If I had to guess you might turn that screwdriver 10 times before you see that line move an inch