Additional 2019 Sedan/Coupe Details Released

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Additional 2019 Sedan/Coupe Details Released F20F001C-357B-4606-AC82-EA4FBA9AFD05
What is it though? I can't find any picture of it.

Is it just a short USB extension cable? They use the language "pre-installed" rather than "included", which is peculiar if they're just sending the cars out with the cable already plugged into the USB socket (which seems odd by itself).
Sponsored

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The 2015 Civic Ex Coupe I had did have a USB Extension cable in the arm rest. I rarely used it though

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

Is it just a short USB extension cable? They use the language "pre-installed" rather than "included", which is peculiar if they're just sending the cars out with the cable already plugged into the USB socket (which seems odd by itself).

I just told you what it is apparently you can’t read the thread.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I just told you what it is apparently you can’t read the thread.
Hey Chief - I read your reply and I appreciate it, but I wanted more information. Fortunately we have members like FC1E5 that can do this without being an internet jerkoff.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey Chief - I read your reply and I appreciate it, but I wanted more information. Fortunately we have members like FC1E5 that can do this without being an internet jerkoff.
What did you need more information about? I explained exactly what it was.

Honestly you should’ve been able to figure it out yourself it’s not rocket science.

It’s pretty sad that you literally need a picture shown to you.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
What did you need more information about? I explained exactly what it was.
And nobody else can offer any additional input?

We should just shut down any thread you reply to then, since all your answers are straightforward and definitive.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...... sparks are flying. Everyone take a breath. We are all in same side here. I think.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It's probably the same thing my 9th gen had in the center storage area where the USB connection was. It's basically a 3-4 inch long extender. So instead of plugging directly into the USB outlet like we do now, there is a short cord with a female end to plug into making it (maybe) a bit easier to plug and unplug a cord.

OP
OP

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
It's probably the same thing my 9th gen had in the center storage area where the USB connection was. It's basically a 3-4 inch long extender. So instead of plugging directly into the USB outlet like we do now, there is a short cord with a female end to plug into making it (maybe) a bit easier to plug and unplug a cord.
It is wise to use an extender even if you don't need the extra cable length because it saves wear-and-tear on the Civic's USB socket. You plug the extender into the Civic's USB once, and then you plug/unplug your phone, etc. into the extender day to day. When the extender's socket wears out, it's just a generic USB extender cable that need to be replaced.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
It is wise to use an extender even if you don't need the extra cable length because it saves wear-and-tear on the Civic's USB socket. You plug the extender into the Civic's USB once, and then you plug/unplug your phone, etc. into the extender day to day. When the extender's socket wears out, it's just a generic USB extender cable that need to be replaced.
Funny. I just leave the cable for my phone in the car.

I'd be far more excited by Honda doing regular firmware/OS updates for our infotainment systems than if they put an extension cable in the owners package.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag

I'd be far more excited by Honda doing regular firmware/OS updates for our infotainment systems than if they put an extension cable in the owners package.

Exactly, why would you unplug the USB cable instead of just leaving it in your car? I would be more worried about the quality of the extender, considering how picky Android Auto is regarding the quality of the USB cable.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exactly, why would you unplug the USB cable instead of just leaving it in your car? I would be more worried about the quality of the extender, considering how picky Android Auto is regarding the quality of the USB cable.
Precisely. I put the cable that came with my S9 in the car to stay in there as even high end cables from Monoprice were too twitchy for AA. I use wireless charging in the house and at work so it is no big deal to just leave the cable in the car.

Also, the jack down in the center console, I use a SanDisk stubby keychain USB key for music/custom wallpaper and filled it up and I just leave it in there. I get any and all extra music and podcasts from my phone.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

Sure and I would rather Honda give me a stack of hundred dollar bills, the two things you mentioned are not even remotely comparable.

Might as well of said I wish Honda would give me my own trained chimpanzee rather then that damn USB extender.

Honda is including it probably because people are putting longer sized thumb drives in the center console and damaging the port by bending it. Then bitching to the dealer. They are including it to save money not to give you a freebie.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sure and I would rather Honda give me a stack of hundred dollar bills, the two things you mentioned are not even remotely comparable.
Did I even suggest they were?

Might as well of said I wish Honda would give me my own trained chimpanzee rather then that damn USB extender.
You really are the hateful git that you look to be in this thread... You go in the same bucket as coo1rim. Ignored. Have a nice life.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Did I even suggest they were?

You really are the hateful git that you look to be in this thread... You go in the same bucket as coo1rim. Ignored. Have a nice life.
I didn't know that was a feature on these boards. Thank you, it's much quieter in here already!
Sponsored