Additional 2019 Sedan/Coupe Details Released

glsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Country flag
It looks like there is no manual transmission in EX trim! Yuck!!
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
From the 2019 Civic PDI instructions released on October 5, 2018 (Honda TSB 18-100):

"NEW MODEL SERVICE INFORMATION

1. Glove Box Light
An LED has been added to the inside of the glove box. The LED comes on whenever you turn the ignition to ON, even
when the glove box door is closed.

2. USB Sub Cord
All trim levels now include a pre-installed USB sub cord.

3. Resonance Cancelling Wheel
Sport trim levels come with 18" resonator-type wheels. If the internal wheel resonator fails or gets damaged, the entire
wheel must be replaced. Resonators are not available separately.

4. Automatic High Beam Activation
The Touring trim level comes with an automatic high beam system that switches between low- and high-beam operation
depending on driving conditions. When driving at night, the front multipurpose camera detects light sources ahead of the
vehicle, such as the lights of an oncoming vehicle or street lights, to determine the correct headlight mode."

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
4. Automatic High Beam Activation
The Touring trim level comes with an automatic high beam system that switches between low- and high-beam operation
depending on driving conditions. When driving at night, the front multipurpose camera detects light sources ahead of the
vehicle, such as the lights of an oncoming vehicle or street lights, to determine the correct headlight mode."
This came likely because of the slagging the GenX civic took at the hands of the IIHS with their new headlight testing and ranking. Having been in a vehicle (Ford Edge) that has this feature, it is really handy. With how poor the lighting is from the projectors on my 2017, I turn on the highs in places I never had to with my old Gen7 Civic.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Well, unless something changes, us Canadians are getting screwed HARD on the model lineup for the 2019 Civics...

Check this out...

https://www.honda.ca/future-vehicles

• No turbo except for the Touring.
  • No auto high beams except for the Touring.
  • No EX-L (AGAIN).
  • Supposedly the Sport is "better" than the EX in Canada.
So if they actually go to market with this lineup, either I am switching to a hatch (Not likely) or I will just keep my 2017 EX.

FTD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Back before this thread went a bit off track these nuggets were brought forth.

If memory is serving me correctly I saw a video where the honda engineers said the spray of the injectors was design to clean the back of the intake valves to limit carbon buildup. looking for said information now
Does anyone have a link to the video dallashawk referenced above? I am curious about how they attempted to mitigate the carbon buildup.

they also induced overlap at light throttle cruise by way of the vtc to help in the calibration.
A similar comment was made by Derek at Innovative Motorworks today, possibly this also is referenced in the video above...?

-Thanks!

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
What does this mean?
Short cord with a male and female USB-A connector.

It’s either so you don’t have to reach under to connect your phone cord or so your not directly plugging in a thumb drive. It’s prob the thumb drive issue and is intended to be used in the center console

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Short cord with a male and female USB-A connector.

It’s either so you don’t have to reach under to connect your phone cord or so your not directly plugging in a thumb drive. It’s prob the thumb drive issue and is intended to be used in the center console
Part number to the new USB sub cord:
39112-TBA-A02

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
From the 2019 Civic PDI instructions released on October 5, 2018 (Honda TSB 18-100):

1. Glove Box Light
An LED has been added to the inside of the glove box. The LED comes on whenever you turn the ignition to ON, even
when the glove box door is closed.
"
I want this more than a volume knob in my 2018. Fumbling around for EZ Pass in the glovebox at night is a real PITA. Took this feature for granted in my RSX. Very useful.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I want this more than a volume knob in my 2018. Fumbling around for EZ Pass in the glovebox at night is a real PITA. Took this feature for granted in my RSX. Very useful.
There is conveniently a switched ignition wire at the connector for the AC ECU unit, just to the right of the glove box (not the AC controls below the radio). It's pin #1 IIRC (brown wire).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very happy with the push button LED light I added to my 2017 sedan's glovebox.:)

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Part number to the new USB sub cord:
39112-TBA-A02
What is it though? I can't find any picture of it.

Is it just a short USB extension cable? They use the language "pre-installed" rather than "included", which is peculiar if they're just sending the cars out with the cable already plugged into the USB socket (which seems odd by itself).
Sponsored