Adding Frontpipe = better sound?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I currently have RV6 catless downpipe, and hondata tune. I was wondering I were to buy the RV6 frontpipe will I get a better sound, and those pops and crackles? Thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Negative.

Is your downpipe catted?

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
I have both RV6 FP/DP... idk about sound but love it .... get rid of that bottle neck that connects to the front pipe.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I currently have RV6 catless downpipe, and hondata tune. I was wondering I were to buy the RV6 frontpipe will I get a better sound, and those pops and crackles? Thanks!
I can't say too much about what adding a catless dp/fp to a stock exhaust will do since I changed out the entirety of my exhaust all at once. but the catless fp/dp with maperformance street exhaust offers all the great turbo burbles and pops your heart desires.

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't say too much about what adding a catless dp/fp to a stock exhaust will do since I changed out the entirety of my exhaust all at once. but the catless fp/dp with maperformance street exhaust offers all the great turbo burbles and pops your heart desires.
Hi there, I have an RV6 catted dp and factory front pipe and catback: even with a high flow cat the exhaust note is deeper and louder, plus turbo noise is head more in the cabin. Definitely a noticeable difference from full stock

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi there, I have an RV6 catted dp and factory front pipe and catback: even with a high flow cat the exhaust note is deeper and louder, plus turbo noise is head more in the cabin. Definitely a noticeable difference from full stock
I'm going this route but a step further. I have an RV6 catted downpipe & front pipe I'll be installing in the next week or two. I plan on keeping the factory Si catback

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone!

If can’t answer quite, but I do have the PRL catted DP/FP and even with catted I can hear crackles, mostly in 1st/2nd. Not super loud, but noticeable, if it were catless I’m sure it would be distinct. If I added cat back it might enhance too. Not sure how much the FP plays into that given I installed both together. Kind of surprised the catless DP doesn’t give you that already.

OP
OP
Bluesporthatch18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
If can’t answer quite, but I do have the PRL catted DP/FP and even with catted I can hear crackles, mostly in 1st/2nd. Not super loud, but noticeable, if it were catless I’m sure it would be distinct. If I added cat back it might enhance too. Not sure how much the FP plays into that given I installed both together. Kind of surprised the catless DP doesn’t give you that already.
I noticed you have an SI, which is probably why you get them. I only have the sport hatch :dunno:, which could be why? But yeah, I never hear pops. Maybe a catback will help out?

cameljockey1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have the DP catted and FP From RV6 for the Si with ktuner. Sounds amazing. I wont be changing the exhaust at all after it. The quality fit and finish is spot on.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
As someone said on another post which seems to hold up, love the deep tone and the crackle and pops but going catless dp/FP and bolting to the stock Si exhaust does tend to create a rattling type noise even tho nothing is rattling but going catted it doesn't do it, but if you're gonna do a full exhaust or plan to then nothing to worry about

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Catted DP/FP installed on Friday by a local shop. Startup and idle sound isn't too different from stock (Si) but driving def you can notice that it's a bit deeper and more drone inside (not excessive).I am hearing a few more pops and crackles though I wish it was a bit more but overall I'm happy with it.
Sponsored