Adding features to LX

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
Suppose you were able to find a 2016 lx manual........What are the possibilities of getting push to start and remote start put in? And would it cost so much it wouldn't be worth it?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Remote starter in a manual is just asking for trouble down the road eventually. You can say to yourself how you will be diligent about it but I guarantee you, you will fuck up, leave it in first while parked and start it remotely one day.

Which is why you probably won't be able to add the OEM starter in anyway because Honda is going to avoid that liability train.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Suppose you were able to find a 2016 lx manual........What are the possibilities of getting push to start and remote start put in? And would it cost so much it wouldn't be worth it?
When I asked about this on a used 2015 Accord sport at the dealer, they said just get the next model up and add the wheels...guessing it wouldn't be cheap tho

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Remote starter in a manual is just asking for trouble down the road eventually. You can say to yourself how you will be diligent about it but I guarantee you, you will fuck up, leave it in first while parked and start it remotely one day.

Which is why you probably won't be able to add the OEM starter in anyway because Honda is going to avoid that liability train.
I currently have a manual car with a 3rd party remote starter. It's not possible for the remote starter to be engaged while the transmission is in gear.

For the remote starter to be "armed", I have to come to a stop, put the car in neutral, pull the parking brake and turn the ignition to the off position. When doing so, the engine is still going (even with the ignition to off and removing the key). I then open my door, exit the car and close the door. There is a 2 seconds delay and then the engine cuts off. That sequence ensures that the car is not in gear because the engine was running when I was out of the car.

If that sequence is broken, the remote starter is not activated. If I open the door, the remote starter is deactivated, the car's interior is considered "contaminated", in the sense that I could have put the transmission in gear while the car is not running. If the hood is opened, it is also deactivated.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
leave it in first while parked and start it remotely one day.
Be kinda funny to see though. Imagine being in the work parking lot, look over, and see a car just start up and drive into a wall. Be time to start looking around for the truck with the big evil clown face. :eek:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be kinda funny to see though. Imagine being in the work parking lot, look over, and see a car just start up and drive into a wall. Be time to start looking around for the truck with the big evil clown face. :eek:
that’s what happened to my friend's 2001 civic, he was teaching his cousin how to drive stick. So when we arrived at our destination she left it in first gear. Right before we left he went to remote start his car, it ended up moving up 3 feet and ran into the buildings security gate.
Sponsored