Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
Is there anyway to turn the "adaptive" part off and just have normal cruise control?
Sponsored

Ksthomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Good to know. The adaptive cruise control can be obnoxiously aggressive.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know. The adaptive cruise control can be obnoxiously aggressive.
Much less so if you set the follow distance to the minimum.
Even still it’s still more following distance sensitive than I would choose using unassisted cruise control.

darrenjuggins

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.6 EX i-Dtec & MR2 Roadster (Mk3)
Country flag
Hi,

In the UK, the cruise has three options.

Adaptive, Speed Only or Speed based on the Road signs, this is all accessed via the LIM (limiter) button, which is on the right hand side of the steering wheel on the left of the rocker switch, not sure if it’s the same in the states.

Cheers
Darren

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,

In the UK, the cruise has three options.

Adaptive, Speed Only or Speed based on the Road signs, this is all accessed via the LIM (limiter) button, which is on the right hand side of the steering wheel on the left of the rocker switch, not sure if it’s the same in the states.

Cheers
Darren
What do you mean by Speed Only?

I really would've liked that I could switch off the adaptive part and only use normal CC. Not possible on the European model :(

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speed only = normal cruise control, no following distance involved.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
I found the ACC to be a game changer when I took it on a trip to Atlanta. I wasn't feeling well to begin with and dreaded the thought of a long drive. (About 7 hours) But the ACC made things so much easier on me that even while sick, the drive wasn't bad at all. I have a another trip coming next week and now I'm actually looking forward to the drive because of ACC. Sure, it's not perfect but it's better than standard or no CC in my opinion.

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I found the ACC to be a game changer when I took it on a trip to Atlanta. I wasn't feeling well to begin with and dreaded the thought of a long drive. (About 7 hours) But the ACC made things so much easier on me that even while sick, the drive wasn't bad at all. I have a another trip coming next week and now I'm actually looking forward to the drive because of ACC. Sure, it's not perfect but it's better than standard or no CC in my opinion.
I agree. Did a NY to Florida trip and it made the drive so pleasant. I'd mix it up a little just to stay alert - ACC to no cruise and back. I'm so spoiled now, that I don't think I could buy another car without it.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree too. ACC is pretty nice. It takes the stress of coming up on a car out of the equation. Coupled with Lane Keep Assist, my long drives are much less fatiguing for me.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I would have loved an Si with ACC and Lane assist... Yes, I want to drive the car, and hard sometimes, but it's also nice to take it easy and let the car drive itself occasionally. ACC, on the cars I've used it on is a delight. My habit was to get in a caravan of sorts and set it faster than the caravan was going, but the farthest follow distance, meaning anytime the caravan sped up I did too. If they got too slow I just got in front and set it to the speed I wanted to go. Really this was great for some two lane roads in Utah where everyone was going almost fast enough, I could keep up, exceeding the speed limit, but with the group, so I wasn't likely to get pulled over (again, on the same trip).

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ACC is awesome in my opinion. I have used it daily on the interstate and in town. Taught my wife how to use it as well.

darrenjuggins

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.6 EX i-Dtec & MR2 Roadster (Mk3)
Country flag
What do you mean by Speed Only?

I really would've liked that I could switch off the adaptive part and only use normal CC. Not possible on the European model :(
Speed only = Normal CC, you can just set a speed as per standard CC, the lim (limit) button scrolls around standards CC, limit (stops you going over your chosen limit) or CC signpost limiter, which reads the roads signs and limits the speed accordingly, such as 20,30,50,60 depending on the road signs it reads.

Or you choose ACC with the switch on the right which is brilliant in my opinion and adds that extra eye on things, especially with the lane invasion technology which keeps an eye on the other road users who just pull out, the system gives you that second pair of eyes to keep you safe.

Try different distance setting until you find the distance that suits you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Darren
Sponsored