Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey so I just received my shifter kit from acuity today and I was wondering if there are any reference points to the gate and throw adjustments. It comes in a pretty neutral setting from acuity, but I don't know how much % difference those numbers mean. If anyone could shed some light as to what is most similar to stock and how far each number changed that metric I'd be super grateful. Thanks guys!
Sponsored

davidv7898

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey so I just received my shifter kit from acuity today and I was wondering if there are any reference points to the gate and throw adjustments. It comes in a pretty neutral setting from acuity, but I don't know how much % difference those numbers mean. If anyone could shed some light as to what is most similar to stock and how far each number changed that metric I'd be super grateful. Thanks guys!
Hello there..... I just got mine this past Friday, and I too have the same question as you. Looking for a starting point/recommended settings. Hopefully someone out there will see this. Thanks for starting the thread....sincerely, R-25210

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I suggest just looking at the settings printed on the shifter and adjusting until you like what you have. I just maxed it out and kept it like that. (shortest throws, tightest gates, shortest knob height)

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I kind of started in the middle for everything, and more recently slightly shortened the knob height. I haven't taken apart everything to tighten things more, but I might try "2" on everything next if I can. It starts super rigid, so you might resent starting off too tight from the beginning just for change's sake.

Also, it depends on what kind of shift knob you have. Mine is a Raceseng Sphereology and is much bigger/heavier than stock. I tried putting in stock with this short-shifter once and laughed at how terrible it was with this. You're going to want one that can take this shifter on like a champ right with it.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I kind of started in the middle for everything, and more recently slightly shortened the knob height. I haven't taken apart everything to tighten things more, but I might try "2" on everything next if I can. It starts super rigid, so you might resent starting off too tight from the beginning just for change's sake.

Also, it depends on what kind of shift knob you have. Mine is a Raceseng Sphereology and is much bigger/heavier than stock. I tried putting in stock with this short-shifter once and laughed at how terrible it was with this. You're going to want one that can take this shifter on like a champ right with it.
Thanks for replying, but i got it figured out by now lol I've also got a raceseng btw. slammer 3. heavy af and i love it.
Sponsored