Acuity Shifter Cable Bushing Install

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are on Civicx? I have been watching/following your youtube channel for a while. Glad to see you on Civicx where the action is.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have access to shop and a lift, but I was at home and was like let me go ahead and knock this out. All good until one of those damn clips came off and fell under the engine and somewhere on the shield. I did not want to jack the car up and unbolt anything so after about 30 minutes of fishing it with a magnet i got it out. Other then that its a piece of cake.

Averia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was able to install these only removing the heat shield for the battery. I have the Sirimoto fstb and Mishi ic pipes. Did not have to remove the c-clips for the cables. Removing stock was easy I used a flat head screwdriver insert minus the handle. The Acuity bushings slid right in but adding the retaining clips was a herculean task. The large one was easy once I got the thinner side to seat about 1/4 of the way. 10 minutes of trial and error. The small one took about 30 minutes of various failed attempts. The trick was pulling the clip into spring, only then was I able feed it in and rotate it in place. No test drives yet. It was about 100 degrees in my garage and I am beat.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
You are on Civicx? I have been watching/following your youtube channel for a while. Glad to see you on Civicx where the action is.
He is only on here to promote his youtube channel. He pretty much never chimes in on here. Least that I have seen and I read a lot on here.

Dpirch531

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just created a video of the same install. I didn't remove the C-clips that hold the cable in place. The retaining clip on the small bushing was a pain. Took me 30min as well haha. Here is the vid if anyone is interested:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just created a video of the same install. I didn't remove the C-clips that hold the cable in place. The retaining clip on the small bushing was a pain. Took me 30min as well haha. Here is the vid if anyone is interested:
I also commented in the YouTube channel but overall a good video outside of a few focus issues. Really appreciate the honest feedback about the bushings. You are not alone in saying they don't make a lot of difference. I still think I will get them along with several other Acuity pieces once I am ready to pull my center console apart for a Type-R shifter retrofit.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I also commented in the YouTube channel but overall a good video outside of a few focus issues. Really appreciate the honest feedback about the bushings. You are not alone in saying they don't make a lot of difference. I still think I will get them along with several other Acuity pieces once I am ready to pull my center console apart for a Type-R shifter retrofit.
Honestly I think they made my shifter feel worse. Installation was a pain too. I've been satisfied at every acuity product but this one wasn't worth it.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I felt a noticeable improvement when I started with these, only amplified with the 2020 CTR shifter and Acuity stage 2... definitely worth it.

Dpirch531

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks man. Yeah the camera focusing was annoying and I apologize. Next video, ill make sure to try and get it focused. Sometimes i get way to in to the install and forget about the actual shot haha.

Dpirch531

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly I think they made my shifter feel worse. Installation was a pain too. I've been satisfied at every acuity product but this one wasn't worth it.
Gotcha. Yeah, I don't think it did anything. I see your from Philly. I just moved to the area. Are there any good performance shops and/or car meet-ups/shows???

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is a detailed DIY photo walkthrough of the install as well, with some tips that may be helpful.
Sponsored