bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So are y’all saying that the stage 3 shifter is too firm? I just like the idea of being able customize the position of the shifter to my liking. But I don’t need it to be too firm. I just want it to be accurate
Stage 2 kit is the one for you. The full shifter is more firm than a modified stock shifter will ever be.
For example: when you are in neutral you can easily shake the shifter side to side. With the full shifter, there isn’t any play unless you are deliberately trying to get into 1,2,5,6, or reverse gear.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah the full shifter probably isn't for you. The full shifter has a very stiff centering spring.

Not sure if the centering spring is interchangeable with a softer one. If it is, you might be able to replace it with a softer one.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Oh ok. So the spring with the stage 2 isn’t as strong as the stage 3?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh ok. So the spring with the stage 2 isn’t as strong as the stage 3?
Yes, the stage 2 (or buy it on its own) spring is slightly stiffer than stock. Very useful when using heavier than stock shift knobs.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, the stage 2 (or buy it on its own) spring is slightly stiffer than stock. Very useful when using heavier than stock shift knobs.
You have the CTR. Are all the six speed manuals the same, other than the shorter throws and rev matching that your car comes with stock. The reason I ask is I’m wondering if my transmission with a stage 2 will have the same results as yours with a stage 2? Because mine is not a CTR. Mine is an lx sedan

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
there would be no difference because the products being used in the stage 2 is the same whether or not it's a ctr or the 1.5t or the si. The "gains" will be different compared to stock but the end results will be the same.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You have the CTR. Are all the six speed manuals the same, other than the shorter throws and rev matching that your car comes with stock. The reason I ask is I’m wondering if my transmission with a stage 2 will have the same results as yours with a stage 2? Because mine is not a CTR. Mine is an lx sedan
I’ve heard that the short throw adapter included in the non-CTR kit makes the throw shorter than the R since the R isn’t compatible with that component.
I agree with @boosted180sx but there’s a possible slight difference because the lever and base isn’t the same (but close). But yes very similar results with the exception of the throw using the adapter*

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like a stage 1 will probably be a good start for me since it is a daily driver and just want some smoother shifts. I like the stock spring and throws. Just wanna smooth it up a bit. Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll order it and give an update when I install it.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s a good thing I ordered it when I did, because it is out of stock now lol. I went ahead and got the stage 1 kit and panel removal tools. I just ordered it yesterday and today they are showing out of stock. I usually don’t get lucky like that lol

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s a good thing I ordered it when I did, because it is out of stock now lol. I went ahead and got the stage 1 kit and panel removal tools. I just ordered it yesterday and today they are showing out of stock. I usually don’t get lucky like that lol
You won’t regret it! Let us know how it goes. Feel free to reach out for any tips on install

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Well I looked on the website and it states that the stage 1 and 2 kits are for Si, CTR, and sport models. Mine is an lx
Any of the shifting upgrades that fit the Sport or Si will fit yours as well.The 2.0 Na is just a small niche of the 10th gen market that we don't have a lot of info for. Keep in mind that there is no install guide for the shift linkage bushings since the engine bay on your 2.0 na motor will be quite differerent from the 1.5T and 2.0T bays.

And I also looked on the website and they got the fully adjustable shifter and the stage 3 shifter. So what’s the difference? The stage 3 the same thing but with a shift knob and a couple extra parts?
Yes, the stage 3 combines the full shifter, linkage bushings, and a shift knob

So are y’all saying that the stage 3 shifter is too firm? I just like the idea of being able customize the position of the shifter to my liking. But I don’t need it to be too firm. I just want it to be accurate
If you are worried about it being too firm, I'd consider the stage 2. It will give you a notable improvement over your stock setup while still keeping it a bit more tame than the full shifter.

~Russ

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any of the shifting upgrades that fit the Sport or Si will fit yours as well.The 2.0 Na is just a small niche of the 10th gen market that we don't have a lot of info for. Keep in mind that there is no install guide for the shift linkage bushings since the engine bay on your 2.0 na motor will be quite differerent from the 1.5T and 2.0T bays.

Yes, the stage 3 combines the full shifter, linkage bushings, and a shift knob

If you are worried about it being too firm, I'd consider the stage 2. It will give you a notable improvement over your stock setup while still keeping it a bit more tame than the full shifter.

~Russ
Thanks Russ I already ordered the stage 1. It should be in Monday. I’ll give it a try. It might be all I need. But I’ll post how it turns out. I’ll even take some pictures as I install the bushings

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well my stage 1 shift kit came in yesterday. It didn’t take long since I live so close. I gotta say the packaging was excellent. Acuity obviously knows sometimes mail service can get rough with your mail, so they package it very well. And the product looks amazing. The shift knob has a good weight to it. I will install it tomorrow and post some pictures along the way

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I installed the base bushings and the shift linkage bushings. But I was not able to install the shift knob because I need a boot collar. I just ordered the stainless boot collar. So I’ll have to wait till it comes in to install the shift knob. But the install on my 2.0 was pretty much the same as the 1.5t. I do have a couple pictures and can answer any questions if anybody has any. One piece of advice is there really is no need to remove the the two c clips that are holding the shift cables. You see them being pulled off in the video on the acuity website, but isn’t necessary. That just makes the install harder. I left them on and had no problems.

Honda Civic 10th gen ACUITY Prototype 10th-gen Shifter - My review E69C0EA8-5776-4830-8BD3-F48F8B5CB390

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here are a couple more pictures of the install

Honda Civic 10th gen ACUITY Prototype 10th-gen Shifter - My review 21C2769A-E28A-4C3B-90D6-E51F78B756EF

Honda Civic 10th gen ACUITY Prototype 10th-gen Shifter - My review 1B8B2E95-CF97-4F30-AB78-258CB46BC734

Honda Civic 10th gen ACUITY Prototype 10th-gen Shifter - My review D17E6C31-D3D5-4107-A627-913071AB9260

Honda Civic 10th gen ACUITY Prototype 10th-gen Shifter - My review 9ECFC682-2E57-4A54-BEBC-00711520DB89