creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This will be my first mod without a doubt. The shifter feel is what I miss from my old vehicles that the Type R lacks. Thanks for coming out with so many great products. Cant wait to pair this with the cable bushings.
Sponsored

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
@ACUITY Team: A request...for all of us who have already purchased pretty much every possible Acuity shifter part already - Could you maybe sell a 'stripped down' version of the shifter that doesn't come with any of the existing Acuity shifter parts (Obviously, any that are compatible with this new shifter) ? I'd seriously love to have this...but it'd kill me to have to think that I've basically wasted all that money on the other shifter parts.

...but, if none of the parts are interchangeable, then...well, never mind. :)

Last edited:

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@ACUITY Team: A request...for all of us who have already purchased pretty much every possible Acuity shifter part already - Could you maybe sell a 'stripped down' version of the shifter that doesn't come with any of the existing Acuity shifter parts (Obviously, any that are compatible with this new shifter) ? I'd seriously love to have this...but it'd kill me to have to think that I've basically wasted all that money on the other shifter parts.

...but, if none of the parts are interchangeable, then...well, never mind. :)
This is a question we've gotten a few times. I think there's some confusion. The purpose of the stage 1 and 2 kits is to offer something less extreme and less expensive than a full shifter. Our full shifters are highly adjustable and can achieve throws and gate spacings shorter/narrower than can be achieved by putting mods on an OEM shifter. The design may look similar, but upon close inspection, you will see it is very different from the OEM shifter. Because of this, none of the parts we sell for the OEM shifter are compatible with the full shifter. On the flip side, the stage 2 kit was very carefully engineered and is a great alternative if the full shifter is out of your price range. I would have loved to be able to accommodate this, but to do so would require us to compromise the design of the full shifter, and it was important to us to make as few compromises on that design as possible.

There should continue to be a lot of demand for the stage 1 and 2 parts even when this shifter launches. The cost of the full shifter is such that the stage 1 and 2 kits will still be preferable to a lot of people on a tighter build budget. If you see the full shifter and really want it, maybe consider putting your shifter with mods up for sale and decide based on if you can get your asking price.

Sorry that we can't accommodate interchangeability between the OEM shifter and ours. It would be awesome to offer, but we just couldn't justify the compromises it would require in the design of the full shifter. <3

~Russ

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
Totally understand.
Shifter mods were the very first things I did. That's how important it was to me.
I'll most likely do this at some point. The problem is that I've got a couple of other fairly expensive mods I'm wanting to do...not including the complete overhaul of the sound system. It's just hard to prioritize which comes first.

Quick follow up questions though: From watching the video, it seems that the shifter knob sits pretty high. Is this just an illusion in the video? If not, is it possible to adjust the shifter knob so that it matches the stock height? (which I happen to like) And if it can, does doing so cause any limitations with being able to shorten gate/throw?

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Totally understand.
Shifter mods were the very first things I did. That's how important it was to me.
I'll most likely do this at some point. The problem is that I've got a couple of other fairly expensive mods I'm wanting to do...not including the complete overhaul of the sound system. It's just hard to prioritize which comes first.

Quick follow up questions though: From watching the video, it seems that the shifter knob sits pretty high. Is this just an illusion in the video? If not, is it possible to adjust the shifter knob so that it matches the stock height? (which I happen to like) And if it can, does doing so cause any limitations with being able to shorten gate/throw?
Knob height can be adjusted higher or lower than stock. I can't recall the exact specs, but it's around 10mm lower than stock to 20mm higher. You'll see a lot of our videos running it higher as we like the knob close to the steering wheel. Also, our ESCO knobs are taller than stock knobs, so that exaggerates things. If you run a stock knob, you can run it lower than it would be on a stock shifter if you desire. :)

~Russ

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
do you have a better idea of pricing yet? i might be willing to preorder if you can offer a discount (!)

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
do you have a better idea of pricing yet? i might be willing to preorder if you can offer a discount (!)
We may know pricing as soon as next week. Mid 400's is the current best estimate, likely north of $450. The final units are even more impressive than the prototypes that have been circulating in pictures and videos recently. Unfortunately, as a matter of policy, we don't offer preorders on products. We don't have any sales planned in the near future, but we will definitely run another Black Friday special later this year if you can hold out. If it's out of the budget, the stage 2 kit is still a really really good option that offers a substantial improvement over stock. The full shifter (which will be part of a stage 3 kit) certainly offers improvements beyond the stage 2 kit, but that doesn't diminish the stage 2 kit's benefits. :)

~Russ

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
let me put it this way. my fiat 500 project has a 550$ shifter, and the car hasn't run in more than a year (complete engine rebuild around a rally potato)

450-ish sounds like a pretty good price for quality fit and finish of the prototype plus some revision. i can wait the next ebay or whatever sale; not in a rush to do the trim work, and the sphericals on the transmission side of the linkage have been treating me very well. i've always worked with k-tuned on the shifter side of the linkages for my k20s, and have generally found that the you do arms and springs, the central delrin ball just starts wobbling on you, so i prefer full shifter units these days. not that much more, especially when you figure in the cost of potential early wear on a trans if slop moves around in an unexpected way longterm.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Been waiting so long for this shifter, I now have enough money to buy 5 shifters :drive:

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Been waiting so long for this shifter, I now have enough money to buy 5 shifters :drive:
This has been our secret plot since the beginning. We could have sold you a shifter then, but now you can a shifter and 4x shifters worth of cash. Thank us later. Parts our pouring in. Looking very good for a release by the end of the month. :)

~russ

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
When is this being released? Looking forward to this.
We are only a couple of weeks out now, barring unforeseen delays. Assembly is currently in-progress. :)
Sponsored