OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I may try this then. Just remove battery and charge pipe. Nice that I don't have to remove the intake. Did you remove the C clamps on the shifter cables or do it without?

I use hybrid racing cable bushings and base bushings. Removed battery, that is it. you can remove charge pipe to give you more room.

IMG-5741.JPG

IMG-5747.JPG

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have my battery out and looking at the cable bushings now. How did you work around that black corrugated hose? Also did the big bushings C clamp look sideways?

Yes i did for the smaller bushing
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Cable Bushing owners, couple questions image

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did these recently on my Si. I didn't even remove the big C clips. I just removed the cotter pins, was careful with the shifter cables, slid the bushing out, slid the new ones in, put on the rings and new cotter pins, and I was done.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya. I did my previous SI as well but with the CTR there’s a lot less room to work with. He said he did it without removing the charge pipe and I can see I should be able to do that but that corrugated hose is in the way and I’m not sure how he removed the small bushing c clamp because I can’t even see it. Only the big one. Trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I did these recently on my Si. I didn't even remove the big C clips. I just removed the cotter pins, was careful with the shifter cables, slid the bushing out, slid the new ones in, put on the rings and new cotter pins, and I was done.

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did the Si yesterday and those C-clampes were the biggest pain in the ass to remove.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that corrugated hose is probably wiring. I don't know if there is a way to do it without removing those C clips. I couldn't get mine to budge, that's why I did it without removing them.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took Intake out just now too. More room. Jakobony, did you remove charge pipe? Or do you have an si

Yeah that corrugated hose is probably wiring. I don't know if there is a way to do it without removing those C clips. I couldn't get mine to budge, that's why I did it without removing them.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to finally get the small bushing retaining clip it. Lord that was hard. My knuckles are destroyed lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Cable Bushing owners, couple questions F305DEA0-07CB-46A1-9D4A-A862467B2DDE

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey all! Wanted to chime in and apologize that we don't have the CTR bushing guide up yet. We took the photos for a PDF guide and some video for a Youtube guide about 2 weeks back, and our guys have been working through the editing and text. I thought it might be done sooner, but they need a tad more time, maybe 1 week for the PDF and 2-3 for the video. It shouldn't be too much longer before the guide is up. I believe in our guide, they are pulling the charge pipe above the smaller bushing to make access easier, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

~russ

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dam, what a pain on my back. And I'm only half way done before it got dark. At least got everything out of the way (by the book: removed battery, removed airbox, removed charge pipe, zip-tied harness). There's a PDF guide now on their website:

Needed a break and will pry out factory bushings and complete the rest tomorrow. Those C-clamps ain't no joke. Take your time and take a break when the back hurts.

To be continued...
Sponsored