Acuity Accelerater Pedal Relocation Bracket unbox/install video

1. Matthyahuw

Matthyahuw Senior Member

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan
    I'm not overly-obsessed with rev-matching...
    I've been driving stick for 20yrs and I know it's BETTER to do so.
    I tap the gas and downshift, it's not exact, but works...I MAY do this however

But if you need to rev-match perfectly, then you don't even need a clutch now, do you?
    How many of you can shift w/o a clutch??? I do it for fun a lot. it's not 100%, but I get it most times I try. It's just something you learn over time...good luck!

2. fenix-silver

fenix-silver Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    Just a short update. I tried switching from position C to B and B is just too high in relation to the brake. If you get on the brake much at all, the throttle ends up being way too high so you end up hitting the throttle accidentally. Switched back to position C and that's where it's going to stay. C is still a bit high IMO, but it's still way better than stock. I'm going to take a look at the brake pedal to see if it can be raised a bit to help with that. I know it can be lowered some, so I'm curious to see if it can be raised at all.

3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Senior Member

First Name:
    Marcus
    Car(s):
    '18 Civic Type R (RR)
    The reason why this exist is to be able to rev match while on the brake pedal. As for float shifting, unless you're perfect on the shift, it does major damage to your synchros if I'm not mistaken (just because it's "smooth" doesn't mean it's perfect either).

I felt C was slightly high for my driving position, but in relation to the brake pedal, nearly perfect. I ended up scooting the seat back and raising it a little to deal with the new pedal location. Fixed most of my issues.