Elprinci585

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2018 civic Si sedan, 2012 Honda Pilot touring
Country flag
Update: took to honda dealer where a friend works but he’s not too familiar with this matter as is not common. He tried calibrating and the actuator moves but doesn’t complete cycle, we thought maybe talking actuator out and let it cycle and put back on. I have a sheet of codes that it currently has

My overboosting issue is caused by the fact I removed exhaust housing by it self without turbo charger to take to a nearby machine shop and replace a broken stud. By doing this, I messed with actuator and is out of position. I spoke to Derek from imw and he said I may need a dealer to deal with this. Any suggestions? May need a base position relearn and see if there is any damage to electric wastegate. He also mentioned it would be a dealer job if HDS is required for wastegate replacement and calibration. The car is throwing codes but ktuner doesn’t show anything which is weird.

Honda Civic 10th gen Actuator relearn procedure * need master tech advice * 3F642F31-0FE8-489A-82E0-DA48E91AE73D
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The techs at the dealership have an external support network through Honda that they can utilize to help with otherwise complicated issues like this. I *think* it may be called the Tech Line.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any further updates? I read that with some of the more aggressive tunes and exhaust mods, the ECU can see an overboost condition and throw a CEL. I've also read that you can just clear the CEL and it'll go away, but also that a wastegate actuator relearn would probably prevent it from happening in the future. Is there any way we can complete this procedure, instead of having a dealer try to do it? Perhaps @D-RobIMW can chime in? Would like to avoid overboost as much as possible to keep the engine from going boom!

SlowRideL15B

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
What did you find out bro? I am having same problem and am in limp mode.

Dvoxojo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Any updates to this old thread?

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Bumping this up to see if anyone solved the issue

Xernive

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Did anyone ever solve this? lol

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Techline is just a technician help line. They would tell you to replace the turbocharger assembly because the actuator is set and calibrated from the factory. You should refer to this article by full-race on how to recalibrate the "zero" position on the actuator. The problem you are having is that the "actual lift" reading does not match the "command lift" reading, so the pcm thinks the wastegate is stuck open or closed.

You will need a voltmeter to calibrate it.

https://www.full-race.com/articles/honda-civic-type-r-fk8-electronic-wastegate-actuator-calibration
Sponsored