ACT Clutch + Lightweight Flywheel Unboxing & Review

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Jesus you two lmao. It was a guess and obviously not a well thought out one. Who knows how many they made for the first run.

But i bet globally there could have been very easily enough people to buy out the stock at that hour. Even if they did have 300ish of them
I didn't realize they sell internationally from their webstore. I figured they used their distribution network to handle international sales.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I didn't realize they sell internationally from their webstore. I figured they used their distribution network to handle international sales.
It says in stock, well, at least if I look up my car.
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Lightweight Flywheel Unboxing & Review upload_2019-12-20_10-36-56

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When you go to the product page, it will say it's out of stock.
Oh gotcha, well maybe they are working out the kinks in there website, who knows. May be best to call to place an order.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Oh gotcha, well maybe they are working out the kinks in there website, who knows. May be best to call to place an order.
I assume nobody's been doing anything since they just opened. Maybe they'll get it fixed up this morning.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Looks like they're having a little hold-up with the flywheel manufacturing. Not a big delay. I was able to get an order placed on the phone to ship when it's available. A+++ glad I spoke with them on the phone.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looks like they're having a little hold-up with the flywheel manufacturing. Not a big delay. I was able to get an order placed on the phone to ship when it's available. A+++ glad I spoke with them on the phone.
From my experience, they have A+ support, one of the reasons I went with them too

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Another update: The more I drive this car during the break in period, the smoothness of the clutch and engagement keeps getting better and better and better, it literally almost feels like stock, the only difference right now between stock and the ACT is the ACT has slightly more of a bite when releasing the clutch, but me personally I prefer that over the mushy feeling of the oem clutch. Oh and the flywheel is just amazing, a SMF is how this car should have came fom factory, the car is much much less boggy down low in RPM. Also the Hasport 62a RMM is starting to have much less vibrations.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Another update: The more I drive this car during the break in period, the smoothness of the clutch and engagement keeps getting better and better and better, it literally almost feels like stock, the only difference right now between stock and the ACT is the ACT has slightly more of a bite when releasing the clutch, but me personally I prefer that over the mushy feeling of the oem clutch. Oh and the flywheel is just amazing, a SMF is how this car should have came fom factory, the car is much much less boggy down low in RPM. Also the Hasport 62a RMM is starting to have much less vibrations.
Did you do any clutch upgrades besides the ACT kit, like a delay valve delete, master cylinder upgrade, or a stainless steel clutch line?

I'm considering the Sirimoto N1 master cylinder and stainless steel clutch line upgrade when I install my ACT kit, but since those can be installed anytime I plan to install the clutch kit by itself first and upgrade those parts later depending on how I feel with the kit.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you do any clutch upgrades besides the ACT kit, like a delay valve delete, master cylinder upgrade, or a stainless steel clutch line?

I'm considering the Sirimoto N1 master cylinder and stainless steel clutch line upgrade when I install my ACT kit, but since those can be installed anytime I plan to install the clutch kit by itself first and upgrade those parts later depending on how I feel with the kit.
Nope, no other clutch upgrades, only did the organic clutch and lightweight flywheel with a Hasport RMM. I have not been WOT yet though, but under regular driving conditions it is just like stock, but an improved engagement.

aryoxo

First Name
Aryo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe [PWP]
Country flag
How much did they charge you for labor on install?

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How much did they charge you for labor on install?
I got a discount for a holiday deal they were having, cost around $900 for the full install. There are cheaper places, but I went with a shop I trust and have been to for years.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@madchiller i wasnt even aware of that? Whats cmc upgrade involve?

I am more interested in general driveability and any noise that may be there due to the smf setup. Also his impressions after stock clutch.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
everyone pretty much wants to know if you get locked out at WOT shifting without the CMC upgrade.
Right, but I am not going WOT until after break in
Sponsored