Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Lol @Maroco. At least i know where to classify you from now on as far giving weight to your posts.

@Drew36 no noise at all when idling in neutral with clutch not depressed to the floor? How about if you just depress the clutch? Any changes/noises?
Im sorry if your feeling are hurt. But saying absolutely that smf will cause chatter is just false man. Many cars come with them stock with no issue. But facts dont seem to hold weight with you. So i also know how to weigh your comments now, as well.

Have a good day!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Lol @Maroco. At least i know where to classify you from now on as far giving weight to your posts.

@Drew36 no noise at all when idling in neutral with clutch not depressed to the floor? How about if you just depress the clutch? Any changes/noises?
Absolute 0 noise at idle with or without the clutch pedal pushed to the floor so far.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Absolute 0 noise at idle with or without the clutch pedal pushed to the floor so far.
Thats good to hear. Nothing worse than sitting at a light and hearing your performance car make noise idling.

I can tolerate gear chatter but idle is just worst and i have it in my m5. Find myself pressing the clutch when ppl look at me. Lol

How was the install? I assume you did it yourself?

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thats good to hear. Nothing worse than sitting at a light and hearing your performance car make noise idling.

I can tolerate gear chatter but idle is just worst and i have it in my m5. Find myself pressing the clutch when ppl look at me. Lol

How was the install? I assume you did it yourself?
Agreed lol and no I didn't have time to do it myself with my work schedule, but I had a local performance shop put it in that I have been going to for years. I had them take pics of the clutch in the car too.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I hope this turns out to be a good clutch. I’m leaning towards the 6 puck. I waiting for my anti lift kit to come in and then I will have everything I plan on doing during the clutch swap. Do you know if the 6 puck requires a break in period?
Yes it should be a 500 mile break in

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Yes it should be a 500 mile break in
Well I just said screw it and ordered the ACT 6 Puck Kit since it’s on sale. I can’t wait to be able to use map 2 and 3 of my TSP tune again.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well I just said screw it and ordered the ACT 6 Puck Kit since it’s on sale. I can’t wait to be able to use map 2 and 3 of my TSP tune again.
Let us know how the 6 puck turns out! So far so good for the organic clutch.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The organic clutch kit came into stock at Midnight and was sold out when I saw the in stock email at 4 AM. How many people could possibly be aware it's available and awake past midnight to order it until it sold out?

Unless they only had like 1 kit...

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The organic clutch kit came into stock at Midnight and was sold out when I saw the in stock email at 4 AM. How many people could possibly be aware it's available and awake past midnight to order it until it sold out?

Unless they only had like 1 kit...
I bet they had 200-500 or the first run. Lots of people have been anxiously waiting. All year for this kits release. I expect they will be hard to keep in stock at least until we get some decent reviews. If the reviews are positive it might only get worse for a while

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@Maroco .. lol. Sorry man but 200-500? A huge number and a huge discrepancy between numbers too.

I take back what i said. You’re hilarious.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I bet they had 200-500 or the first run. Lots of people have been anxiously waiting. All year for this kits release. I expect they will be hard to keep in stock at least until we get some decent reviews. If the reviews are positive it might only get worse for a while
You think there were 200-500 people awake between 12AM and 4AM PST and aware of the availability of that specific clutch kit to order it?

I seriously doubt it. It's not like they announced it with the launch time in advance so we could all be ready to spam F5 on the order page.

I bet they had less than 10.

Edit: I know, I know. If I had stayed up to watch The Witcher when it posted at 12:01AM I'd have been able to snag a clutch. I clearly made a mistake :coffee:

I wonder what the overlap is between people who stayed up to watch The Witcher and people who managed to order the clutch?

Last edited:

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Jesus you two lmao. It was a guess and obviously not a well thought out one. Who knows how many they made for the first run.

But i bet globally there could have been very easily enough people to buy out the stock at that hour. Even if they did have 300ish of them