Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Drew36 I dont know that its compatible w dmf. I was simply stating I know they sell just pp and clutch kit.

Now whether you need a smf or dmf or either is fine is what i am not sure. I have a smf in my m5 and dont enjoy the idle noise it brought with it.
Oh okay. Maybe JohnGrunwald can chime in on if the flywheel makes any additional noise
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Drew36 I dont know that its compatible w dmf. I was simply stating I know they sell just pp and clutch kit.

Now whether you need a smf or dmf or either is fine is what i am not sure. I have a smf in my m5 and dont enjoy the idle noise it brought with it.
Just got word

"No, the clutch kit is a conversion and will include the single mass flywheel you received. With our kits we like to include a performance flywheel and going away from the Dual mass is usually a better option. Usually in my experience replacement dual mass flywheels are pretty expensive so I can see someone just looking for a clutch replacement getting ours."

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@Drew36 i appreciate it.

Not to derail your thread but oem luk flywheel is 93$. 100$+ shipped. LUK is reputable manufacturer of oem parts for many vehicle manufacturers. I guess i will follow up w act once im ready for install. When is yours going in?

Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Lightweight Flywheel Unboxing & Review AB64234A-479C-410B-8B2C-56B991A0DD59

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Drew36 i appreciate it.

Not to derail your thread but oem luk flywheel is 93$. 100$+ shipped. LUK is reputable manufacturer of oem parts for many vehicle manufacturers. I guess i will follow up w act once im ready for install. When is yours going in?

AB64234A-479C-410B-8B2C-56B991A0DD59.png
Monday or tuesday

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
@Drew36 i appreciate it.

AB64234A-479C-410B-8B2C-56B991A0DD59.png
What you have listed is for an '18 WRX. Just searched from '17 to '19 and the only thing listed is the slave cylinder.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
A new dmf from honda is around 3k$ if im remembering correctly. And they cant be resurfaced. Cost alone keeps people from running them when they upgrade to a type r or aftermarket clutch in these cars. Not to mention the performance increase and the choices in weight you have for smf on the aftermarket seem to make it the go to option.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
A new dmf from honda is around 3k$ if im remembering correctly. And they cant be resurfaced. Cost alone keeps people from running them when they upgrade to a type r or aftermarket clutch in these cars. Not to mention the performance increase and the choices in weight you have for smf on the aftermarket seem to make it the go to option.
:imnew:
"DMF" ?
"SMF" ?
"GFY" ? oh wait, I know what that means :)

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well said

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Yea i dunno about performance increase w a smf. Just cuz things are lighter doesnt automatically mean there is an increase in performance.

Lets assume it revs easier cuz its lightweight and thats a pro. It would consequently drop the revs too quicklier than a dmf would, due to dmf mass and momentum, between shifts and thats a con for anyone racing/performing.

Six of one half dozen of another :dunno:

Last edited:

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea i dunno about performance increase w a smf. Just cuz things are lighter doesnt automatically mean there is an increase in performance.

Lets assume it revs easier cuz its lightweight and thats a pro. It would consequently drop the revs too quicklier than a dmf would, due to dmf mass and momentum, between shifts and thats a con for anyone racing/performing.

Six of one half dozen of another :dunno:
Less rotational mass. Idk seems pretty simple to me. Same thing with lighter wheels. Its less weight for the engine to move.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Less rotational mass. Idk seems pretty simple to me. Same thing with lighter wheels. Its less weight for the engine to move.
It’s physics man. And did you even read what I said. Yes, you are right, it’s easier to rotate but it’s easier to stop rotating. So while former is a pro the latter is a con (in performance world). Same applies to wheels.

Actually someone here (or another forum, I’m on a few) posted results of his dyno after installing lightweight wheels and had less whp. If I find it I will post a link.

So it’s not as simple or straightforward as you/one would think. Don just jump on the manufacturers bandwagon of pro “selling points.”

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s physics man. And did you even read what I said. Yes, you are right, it’s easier to rotate but it’s easier to stop rotating. So while former is a pro the latter is a con (in performance world). Same applies to wheels.

Actually someone here (or another forum, I’m on a few) posted results of his dyno after installing lightweight wheels and had less whp. If I find it I will post a link.

So it’s not as simple or straightforward as you/one would think. Don just jump on the manufacturers bandwagon of pro “selling points.”
You may be right about peak hp. Though i. Really doubt it really effects peak hp too much.

I speak from putting smf on multiple of my cars over the years. And the added benefit of a free revving engine has always been the what ive seen coming from doing that mod.

These dfm's are far timo heavy in these cars. 36lbs is just to much for a 1.5t engine. You can feel it if you turn your engine off to quickly after running it. Or by the rev hang you still feel even after tuning it.

Show me one track car with a dmf setup if you honestly think they are better performers

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hell even the ctr comes with a smf.
Sponsored