First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello All,

I was fortunate enough to receive the ACT (Advanced Clutch Technology) clutch early. I thought I would share the unboxing of the clutch to get the ball rolling on more info about it being out there soon. I went with the organic disk option as I think 363ft-lbs with the lightweight flywheel is enough for me. I am hoping it is a good clutch alternative. Feel free to watch the video I did today on unboxing it (nothing special lol).

Thanks!

Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Ooo this has my excited!! Congratz on getting the kit early! Looking forward the follow up videos!

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ooo this has my excited!! Congratz on getting the kit early! Looking forward the follow up videos!
Thanks! I appreciate it!

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any thoughts on if I should record the pedal pressure feel before and after the clutch install?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Record how? If you can properly record amount of force of one vs other i would..

Also, do the act clutches only work with their smf or what? Why is everyone buying the smf? Why not use your oem flywheel?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Dam man how you be getting sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Record how? If you can properly record amount of force of one vs other i would..

Also, do the act clutches only work with their smf or what? Why is everyone buying the smf? Why not use your oem flywheel?
Smf = no mechanical rev hang. The stock dmf keeps revs up too much for mosts liking. Not sure if it could be used with stock dmf

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I am not 100 percent sure if you can use the dmf oem unit, I am assuming no. I have heard though you cannot resurface a dmf anyway. Look for the clutch and flywheel kit like I got to be around the $1000 mark

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@Drew36 i know for a fact they also sell just the clutch/pp kit also without their smf. I guess when the time comes i will have to call em up and do some research.

When are you installing this?

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If I remember correctly the pedal pressure was ~20lbs stock and 30lbs following the install.
Oh I see, it seems like it wouldn't be a big difference

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
50% is a big difference. Its likely that you also enjoy a corresponding ~50% pp clamping force increase.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Drew36 i know for a fact they also sell just the clutch/pp kit also without their smf. I guess when the time comes i will have to call em up and do some research.

When are you installing this?
Oh okay, I was not sure 100% if they were planning to sell an option compatible with the dmf, thanks! Also, this clutch will be in my car early next week

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@Drew36 I dont know that its compatible w dmf. I was simply stating I know they sell just pp and clutch kit.

Now whether you need a smf or dmf or either is fine is what i am not sure. I have a smf in my m5 and dont enjoy the idle noise it brought with it.
Sponsored