Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh really? Sheesh. But no I was not offered any sort of deal for reviewing it. Why didn't you take the deal?
Already testing another companies clutch/flywheel
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Unfortunately it looks like they did not post the clutch kits on 12/17 as they anticipated. I contacted them via chat and email on 12/18 and have not received word back about an updated release date.

I realized last night that ACT makes the HPD clutch for the Civic Si racecar. I'd think they probably make the flywheel, as well. This further reinforces the idea that they clearly know what they are doing and I really, really want their kit.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I registered an account so I could be notified when the kits are available to order.

They sent me my own password in plaintext in an email. They got a $%#$@% outraged email from me and I expect them to ignore it. It's not 2001 anymore, if a company has an online presence they can't $#%@#!$@# around with our private information. Do they keep our passwords and credit cards in plaintext, waiting for a breach to leak it to the dark web?

Uncool.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The ACT and HPD flywheels look nothing alike.
You're very right, but the HPD flywheel is billet aluminum and the ACT streetlite is steel, so they would be expected to look dissimilar. It doesn't mean they do or do not make it.

I am making an assumption that because they make the HPD clutch that they also make the HPD flywheel.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're very right, but the HPD flywheel is billet aluminum and the ACT streetlite is steel, so they would be expected to look dissimilar. It doesn't mean they do or do not make it.

I am making an assumption that they make the HPD clutch that they also make the HPD flywheel.
Confirmed they make the discs but not flywheel.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@JT Si ..most likely. I do the same, in fact called them up about something else a few days ago. It may be the 21st century but we can still use smartphones to talk on them.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
@JT Si ..most likely. I do the same, in fact called them up about something else a few days ago. It may be the 21st century but we can still use smartphones to talk on them.
It was more amazement he posted an assertion then minutes later specified a fact. I can only assume he called to get a response that quickly.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was more amazement he posted an assertion then minutes later specified a fact. I can only assume he called to get a response that quickly.
Have friends from HPD lol not that hard

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea if the ACT Si set fits the non-Si?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I registered an account so I could be notified when the kits are available to order.

They sent me my own password in plaintext in an email. They got a $%#$@% outraged email from me and I expect them to ignore it. It's not 2001 anymore, if a company has an online presence they can't $#%@#!$@# around with our private information. Do they keep our passwords and credit cards in plaintext, waiting for a breach to leak it to the dark web?

Uncool.
I'll just clear up that I was called by the guys at ACT and we spoke about the password issue. They are super straightforward, legit and on the ball and are taking care of the problem immediately. Apparently this was an issue with the third party cloud hosting service they use.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What is the advantage of the six-puck versus the organic? I won't know a single thing about these.
Sponsored