Access Settings Menu by taping on clock display

jrpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Ex L w Nav, Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I was having an issue that was driving me crazy and I stumbled on a fix and thought I would share in case this proved helpful to others.

I had changed the skin on head unit but was having a problem where the unit wouldn't display any menus except for the car play interface when iphone was connected. I would get a screen with just the wallpaper and the time displaying. Using the home button and menu button would not bring up any parts of the interface and would just beep at me and leave me with a blank screen. Rebooting by holding down the audio button would allow me to reboot but did not resolve the problem and entering the diagnostic menu I didn't find a problem or fix. Even pulling the fuses (18 & 19) to try to force a reset did not resolve the problem. Taping on the screen in frustration I found that taping on the time display in the top right corner would take me straight into the settings menu. From there I could access all the settings, change the skin back and get everything resolved.

I didn't know that I could access the settings menu that way and I didn't see that info posted here.
Sponsored

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2010, Coming soon 2016 Civic
Country flag
I was having an issue that was driving me crazy and I stumbled on a fix and thought I would share in case this proved helpful to others.

I had changed the skin on head unit but was having a problem where the unit wouldn't display any menus except for the car play interface when iphone was connected. I would get a screen with just the wallpaper and the time displaying. Using the home button and menu button would not bring up any parts of the interface and would just beep at me and leave me with a blank screen. Rebooting by holding down the audio button would allow me to reboot but did not resolve the problem and entering the diagnostic menu I didn't find a problem or fix. Even pulling the fuses (18 & 19) to try to force a reset did not resolve the problem. Taping on the screen in frustration I found that taping on the time display in the top right corner would take me straight into the settings menu. From there I could access all the settings, change the skin back and get everything resolved.

I didn't know that I could access the settings menu that way and I didn't see that info posted here.
Today I woke up to the same issue I will try to fix it as soon as I get out of work, what did you do to fix it? Change the skin again or reset to factory settings?

OP
OP

jrpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Ex L w Nav, Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Today I woke up to the same issue I will try to fix it as soon as I get out of work, what did you do to fix it? Change the skin again or reset to factory settings?
I changed the skin back to the default skin, I didn't have to do a factory reset. I then changed the skin back to the alternate, being careful to try to not create any blank screens.

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2010, Coming soon 2016 Civic
Country flag
I changed the skin back to the default skin, I didn't have to do a factory reset. I then changed the skin back to the alternate, being careful to try to not create any blank screens.
I did a factory reset and now it's all back to normal and even running a little bit snappier thanks for the clock tip you saved me.
Sponsored