AC PROBLEM finally on warranty

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
Is this not a issue with the 2019 civics? I just bought one a couple weeks ago.
By the time a manuf issues a TSB they'd want to have corrected/solved the problem. Rallye red? Enjoy your ride!
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
By the time a manuf issues a TSB they'd want to have corrected/solved the problem. Rallye red? Enjoy your ride!

By the time a HONDA issues a TSB, the replacement part has been "Discontinued" !!! :doh:

Just when you thought you have seen everything it just gets better and better !!! :rofl:

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
But question remains, exactly what REPLACEMNT Condenser are they fitting ?
Seems to have the same part number, so how does one (or the dealer) know if it is one from a defective production run, or a good one.
Yup! My service done a couple months ago, the condenser was replaced with the same original part #. I guess it will be time for me to send an email to the service manager to find out if I will need it replaced AGAIN...

There is also the question of the Suction Tube, that has been replaced on some cars
Mmm... On the upside, I have not had the sound return since mine was replaced on my 2.0NA.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I get that you're concerned but if the part fails Honda, not you, will have to source it.
EXACTLY, which is also a concern -- as so many are "waiting" for their Dealer to be able to actually get a replacement.

It's all very well saying "Honda will have to replace it, not you", but that is little consolation when you are in the car each day, in a car that has no A/C, and an cabin temperature up in the 100's !!

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Not sure if this covers Canadian Civic or not.

The dealership did change the condenser of my 2018-SI on Sept-2018. Part number was 80100-TBC-A01.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if this covers Canadian Civic or not.
This is another one of those frustrating and unnecessary "differences" with how they treat US and Canadian Honda customers. There is all but no difference that matters for anything for all the vehicles that are sold in each country but there is absolutely NO consistency with how things are handled.

The parts are the exact same for this but it will be down to some form of stupid policy one way or another. No less stupid than the fact that the frame recall on Gen3 CRVs seems to only count in Eastern Canada so far, even though there is as much salt used in New England as there is here and there has been no word of the NHTSA forcing Honda into doing the same for US customers as Canadian.

red-line

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Is this only for complete AC failure? I have a 2019 that's about a month old and I'm noticing that if it's 90° or above it is super inconsistent and spits mildly cool air.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2019 that's about a month old and I'm noticing that if it's 90° or above it is super inconsistent and spits mildly cool air.
Nope. The TSB is quite specific about the years.

Not that you ARE the first with a 2019 to apparently have an issue but so far, the people with issues are all 2016 to 2018 regardless of where they are made. That being said, temperature is only part of the equation. If it is very humid, then it will make it harder for even the best AC to work super well. Being down where you are, if you are close to the two rivers that frame the state, I assume it has been quite humid.

fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
No wonder my condenser goodwill was approved so quickly about one month ago.
But here is thing, that was the third time dealer tried to fix my civic AC, the first two times they just replaced two different hoses, claiming that was the problem, and I paid them about $600 total including diagnosis.
Only the third try they found the condenser problem.
How do I get my money back now there is the warranty?

red-line

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag

Not that you ARE the first with a 2019 to apparently have an issue but so far, the people with issues are all 2016 to 2018 regardless of where they are made. That being said, temperature is only part of the equation. If it is very humid, then it will make it harder for even the best AC to work super well. Being down where you are, if you are close to the two rivers that frame the state, I assume it has been quite humid.
I just sold my 07 accord and the outside weather never made too much of a difference - it always blew cold. My new Civic hasn't ever blown as cold as the accord did every time.

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
From my experience, I had my ac condenser replaced by my local dealership 2 years ago. It was over warranty period but they replaced it out of good faith. I am in Canada, and they told me it would have costed me around $2k to get it fixed. The service adviser attributed the damage to the condenser from road debris and from the poor design of the wind scoop in the bumper.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

This. If it's ~90 outside, a normal AC will work a lot harder to maintain anything cold. Might not even feel "cold" per say. It likely feels colder than rolling the windows down so I wouldn't worry about the 19's. Cars don't have compressors like a house does, it will take time to cool and will do so better at speed. Start up, stop and go, they aren't your friend.
Sponsored