AC not showing on or off on infotainment screen?

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
i have noticed this a few times.

I have the temp set on low and auto. I change the fan setting to a lower setting. The ac is working for sure but in the infotainment climate screen neither AC on or off is selected. I choose On but it doesn’t change anything cause it is already ice cold.
Sponsored

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I believe that indicates the ac is on automatic... the compressor will run at the level needed to achieve the temperature selected, or will shut off completely if it’s not needed (cold outside).

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe that indicates the ac is on automatic... the compressor will run at the level needed to achieve the temperature selected, or will shut off completely if it’s not needed (cold outside).
As soon as I change the fan setting the auto button turns off though. It works fine just something strange unnoticed. Has been that way since I got it.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Yes, that is normal behavior, a useful feature. It allows you to manually override elements of the climate control system while leaving the others under auto control. For instance, I like mine to be on the dash and foot vents, but the auto system seems to usually select just the upper vents when it’s hot outside. I can go into the climate control screen, manually select the upper/lower option (as well as push the recirc button), but the compressor and fan speeds will remain automatically controlled based on temperature.

But confusingly, the auto button light turns off as soon as you change anything manually, which understandably could lead you to believe that auto is completely off. It’s not, just the settings that you have manually changed.

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks!
Sponsored