ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
So I really just Undo those 4 10mm bolts and Undo the windshield wiper stuff and that's it? Also how do you remove the insulation cover from the top which I didn't see in that video but I have it on mine.
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I really just Undo those 4 10mm bolts and Undo the windshield wiper stuff and that's it? Also how do you remove the insulation cover from the top which I didn't see in that video but I have it on mine.
the isulation is only held in by 3-4 clips, they should look like 4 leaf clovers, lol. i just did my hood a couple days ago. and the sides of the insulation are just tucked in the sides by its tabs

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the isulation is only held in by 3-4 clips, they should look like 4 leaf clovers, lol. i just did my hood a couple days ago. and the sides of the insulation are just tucked in the sides by its tabs
OH I see. I'm assuming a flathead can release those weird clips? Other then those clips, windshield washer fluid line and the visible bolts to take off, anything else I need to look out for?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the clips for the washer line are kinda a pain, its kinda hard to get a flathead in their to release properly. other then that i suggest you have someone help you with the install, i did it by myself but having someone else to guide the hood would make it alot easier. when tightening the bolts back, make sure both sides of the hood are aligned with the fender before torquing it down or closing the hood

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the clips for the washer line are kinda a pain, its kinda hard to get a flathead in their to release properly. other then that i suggest you have someone help you with the install, i did it by myself but having someone else to guide the hood would make it alot easier. when tightening the bolts back, make sure both sides of the hood are aligned with the fender before torquing it down or closing the hood
How much you torque it down to? What did you use to get those clips off then or did you manage to use a flathead? Also no hidden bolts anywhere right? Like the ones I see near the fender is all I gotta remove?

So removing and replacing the hood is pretty simple then? Remove the bolts, clips to insulation shield and washer fluid lines and transfer over correct?

G&E Motorsports

Show time
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
How much you torque it down to? What did you use to get those clips off then or did you manage to use a flathead? Also no hidden bolts anywhere right? Like the ones I see near the fender is all I gotta remove?

So removing and replacing the hood is pretty simple then? Remove the bolts, clips to insulation shield and washer fluid lines and transfer over correct?
That's correct super easy. Just torque tight do not over kill it.

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Looking at getting the hood painted by a shop.. what do you guys think would be a fair price?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got quoted $700 because they had to blend the fenders as well.
that sounds about right. when i got my fenders painted, the front doors and hood had to be blended

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Btw I have the G&E Motorsport's hood lol

Peeling that dip was a bitch. But its worth it.
I havent painted it.

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Btw I have the G&E Motorsport's hood lol

Peeling that dip was a bitch. But its worth it.
I havent painted it.
Nice! Are you planning to paint it yourself? Post some pics once you paint/install it!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I think that one is non functional. That scoop is 100% aesthetic. It doesnt vent into the engine bay.
The scoop on the real CTR hood isn't functional. * It was designed to be functional but worked better in computer testing than in real life.
Sponsored