ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In stock supply is hit or miss, I was on back order since June 6th, but ABS Dynamics said they just received a shipment when they sent out mine this last week. Cost for the GT II hood came to $539 with tax. Shipping would have been another $189, but they do offer the customers who live within driving distance the option to pick up at their facility. Both the CTR scoop and vents are made to be functional, how well they work can be debated. the hood scoop has 3 slotted openings which don't really direct the air flow to anywhere in particular, my guess is the air flow would be somewhat turbulent and eventually make it's way between the firewall and engine and exit somewhere around the wheel well. I'll probably block off the scoop with clear plexiglass, so it would just be for looks. For the 6 vents, there's an inner panel that partially blocks the outer vent opening, it appears the purpose is to block entry to the engine from rodents, and also act as a rain diverter. Removing the inner panels would reduce the weight of the hood about another 3 pounds. Might try and see if the hood flexes any differently with the inner panels removed.

CTR GT II hood underside.jpg

hood latch.jpg

hinge and prop close up.jpg

inner panel vent opening.jpg

vent- inner panel removed.jpg
This hood is dope af. I love the removal cover