First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I would like to know relationship between knock control value and knock ignition limit table.

For my car i m try to do custum tune and i got some issues.

around 5500 rpm knock value increase so quickly. top i saw 0.80 and there time car cut down the power.
i check the knock ignition table, there is very low ignition in exactly 5500 rpm. So i moved down the value there actually i made same as 4000rpm, then i log it and saw 0.68 max.

So i would like to know the point which is knock ignition table affects knock control values. Am i right?
Which point do i have to carefully lookafter?
Whats the normal and high value of knock control?
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Your welcome to send me a datalog and I could take a look for you. The knock ignition limit table should be where you are adjusting the timing with the Hondata software. Do not touch egr ignition. Could be a number of reasons for the knock control rising that may not be ignition advance related.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Remember with the non-Si, K. Control will rise anytime you go above 5200 rpm or so. Combine that with things like lower fuel quality, high IAT's, high load etc. and K.C. will naturally go up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcapraz

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Remember with the non-Si, K. Control will rise anytime you go above 5200 rpm or so. Combine that with things like lower fuel quality, high IAT's, high load etc. and K.C. will naturally go up.
Yes right after 5200 rpm it suddenly rise. I found something in knock ignition limits table. In the table in 5500 rpm there is low ignition timings.
So I made same value then log it. Now looks OK in 24 psi. Is there anyone who has experience with limit table?

Honda Civic 10th gen About relationship between knock control value & knock ignition limit table IMG_20200122_201051

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Yes right after 5200 rpm it suddenly rise. I found something in knock ignition limits table. In the table in 5500 rpm there is low ignition timings.
So I made same value then log it. Now looks OK in 24 psi. Is there anyone who has experience with limit table?

IMG_20200122_201051.png
Yes I have quite a bit of experience with this. What is the actual question? To reduce timing would be to lower these numbers (even if negative). If you have knock counts in the cells highlighted than make those cell numbers more negative to reduce the timing and try to lower k control. You really shouldnt have to reduce much if any. I suspect other areas of this tune may need addressed first based on your questions.....

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Si or Non Si knock tables are the same & yes above 5200 RPM knock does goes up regardless with other combined factors you've mentioned + possibly high CVT gearbox temp might be pulling some timing too.

OP
OP
gcapraz

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
i have methanol kit with %50-%50 meth water mix.

looks quite good for first feeling. but when i check the datalog, knock control rising above 5500 rpm. then i check the knock count. there is no count but knock control is rising every time. so i feel in my butt dyno when car knock control values goes up like 0.70 or more, car cuts the power.
With cvt i can hold the rpm around 5000 and i check the datalog, there is no more knock control values over 0.70. it goes around 0.60-0.65. and car looks going so good. i did not check it my feeling is right or not but i m very confuse about how knock control values goes up.
i have friend that they using ktuner but they dont have problem like that.

I dont now maybe there is some tables behind the hondata or ktuner companies dont wanted to see it for users. maybe profesional tuner like d-rob can reach these table and changes it for better performans.
Sponsored