First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Greetings!
I’d like to document my experience in Etuning my 2018 civic SI...
I recently moved from nyc to Vancouver Canada and before leaving New York I had my old friend manny from chameleon tuning in Long Island install a m.a.p short ram, downpipe and manny made a really nice front pipe and deleted the mufflers, I bought a ktuner v2 and we put their off the shelf 19.5/23 psi tune on it...
upon arriving to Vancouver I wanted to optimize the tune and decided to etune with Kenny Sampson turbogixxer tuning as his credentials speak for themselves. i contacted him early in June and we began immediately. From June to mid August we only got to 5 rounds of mapping, with sometimes 2 weeks in between response time... after the 5th map and not hearing back for two weeks he finally answered my question of “are the logs I’m sending sufficient to continue tuning” with “oh sorry I forgot to tell you we were done”. this all after no instruction on what was needed to provide proper data on my end, just “more throttle” with summer nearing an end here and hoping to get to the track with a tuned car I decided this was going nowhere and jumped ship to work with Derek Robinson @drobimw.
Derek is EXCELLENT... I’m sure Kenny is a great tuner but his motivation and customer service is miserable, working with Derek was night and day as he gave me clear and concise instructions on what he needed from me as far as the logs went and was very responsive with sending back map revisions and answering any questions I had during the entire process... it was literally a night and day experience between the two and I’d recommend working with Derek to anyone looking for this service... I only wish I wasn’t so far and that I could get on the dyno with him! during the tuning process I decided to step it up and add a flex fuel kit from prl, Derek was very helpful with accommodating my new tuning needs during the process and again very responsive with question and map revisions... I couldn’t be happier with the tuning service he provided and for anyone on here who may be pondering this decision I wouldn’t hesitate at all to recommend Derek. Car runs incredibly smooth and is definitely making good power for how limited the mods are... I’d like to go to a local dyno and test the power and plan to do that very soon... I’ll post the results...
Thanks for reading my novel here... lol
And thank you Derek Robinson, you rule man!!!
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yup. I’ve done an etune from several tuners before and Derek was by far the most communicative and the revisions came much quicker than the others.

This is for a ctr but I enjoyed the experience with his e tune.

OP
OP
freezingmoon

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Can a mod move this to the tuning forum please, I just realized i posted this in the wrong section, thank you!
Sponsored