A look at the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe in all factory colors

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sedan has black interior. This has ivory and black not sporty looking at all.
Ah, i do agree with you there. The lack of an all black interior on it's "sporty" car is a bit odd to me as well. I like the two tone interior alot, but still would have chosen an ALL black interior if i had my pick. I ivory/black looks nice, but its more classy than sporty for sure.

Thankfully i'm considering aegean blue and WOP which both have the black/gray interiors. Id be upset if i was after the red and could only pick ivory.
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Can i ask what you were expecting? We already knew the interior would be the same as the sedans with only very very minor differences (door handles/two tone seats).
Your WOP even has a choice?!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
On the red makes me think the Si is going to be mainstream. Because older people who like luxury will like this black and ivory. If you want a sporty red with dark seats the Si. I hope honestly they have two levels of Si a 200 hp sipping regular gas and a 250 plus guzzling premium imo

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Very nice! Wish there was a picture of the white orchid rear end. I wanna see that taillight on a white car. I'm still undecided between Aegean blue and WOP when I get my coupe.
Aren't you not buying for 2 years? The taillights might be completely different by then. 2018 refresh?

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Arrg! I've been wanting red, like my last Civic, but that ivory looks even worse in these pics than any others I've seen, I guess because of the sunlight. How frustrating. Honda always manages to screw something up. red=sports car color. ivory=not sports car color. Come on, Honda. This isn't a Volvo.

And how do they go from black for a red sedan to black/ivory on a red coupe? grey is closer to black than ivory. o_O

I might have to settle for MSM.

:banghead:
Just be patient for Si information. You might be able to get a Si instead

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aren't you not buying for 2 years? The taillights might be completely different by then. 2018 refresh?
Buying in about a year/ year and a half. The refresh wont be until the 2019 model year. I'll probably end up with a 2018 depending on how long i wait. Also, as big a deal as that taillight bar was for honda's designers i seriously doubt it'll get changed just for a mid model update. (9th gen civics don't count as accurate descriptions of a mid model update because they needed so much work). Historically, honda only ever updates the front and rear fascia for their updates. Again, that taillight was a huge deal for honda, so i don't see it changing for this models lifecycle.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the red makes me think the Si is going to be mainstream. Because older people who like luxury will like this black and ivory. If you want a sporty red with dark seats the Si. I hope honestly they have two levels of Si a 200 hp sipping regular gas and a 250 plus guzzling premium imo
I doubt we'll see 2 Si versions. That's a bit much considering that even if it goes mainstream it still won't sell as many as the base civics. Word is 2.0T with around 230 horsepower which is pretty much in line with the gains the base civic made over the previous gen. Not sure if it'll need premium or regular though.

All we can do is wait and see! Fingers crossed for an Si with all black interior and optional automatic/cvt/dsg.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Probably two trims on the Si, one with Tech/Nav and one without. I also find it odd that some have only one choice of interior cloths.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I think the colors look great, but i'm disappointed in the wheels. I was hoping the coupe would have different wheel options. Am I the only one that thinks the factory Civic wheels are hideous?
No, you're not. You'll find a few diehard "Honda can do no wrong" fanboys or else "those 'rims' are stupid sick!" kids that like goofy wheels like these, but seems more often than not, people don't like any of the 2016 Civic's wheels, except on the Touring (and those aren't great, but acceptable).

BTW, some of the Kia Optima's and Forte's have similarly hideous wheels. It's almost like the Honda wheel designer used them to base their design on. Maybe a last second thing. "OK, we're done designing the all new 2016 Civic, just in time! Oh wait! We forgot the wheels!"

Last edited:

Owen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
Finally seeing the coupe in black makes me appreciate my pre-order even more! Cant wait to get it in around a month or two hopefully.