A guide to tuning the 10th Generation Civic 1.5 turbo

faukerss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 civic lx
Country flag
I'm very interesting in this product mainly to minimize the brutal rev hang on my ext 6mt. Anyone notice an improvement in that?

Can I remove all trace of the mod before I bring the car to the dealer for a warranty claim? Would they be able to see that the ecu had been flashed?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I'm very interesting in this product mainly to minimize the brutal rev hang on my ext 6mt. Anyone notice an improvement in that?

Can I remove all trace of the mod before I bring the car to the dealer for a warranty claim? Would they be able to see that the ecu had been flashed?
https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic
According on the feature tab. It list it reduces the Rev hang on mt

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
so what does a flash specifically do
Basically it changes your ECU parameters. Fuel, air, cam angles, timing, octane, boost. Almost every aspect of the ecu can be tuned with the flashpro. Makes your car run more efficient.(meaning custom tune) don't stick to a OTS base map. Let's you get everything out of it that you can. All cars are not tuned to perfection out of the factory. They give us some wiggle room.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Is it ok to just use one of the included tunes on the flash pro if I'm not looking to custom tune for bolt ons for a while?? It has them for stock, SRI and CAI, 3 and 6psi, regular and high octane.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
@Hondata Anyone running the newest Flash Pro update V2.5.9?No release notes are provided I hit the link and just takes ya to the release notes from V2.5.7 even though V2.5.9 is the latest version according to the Hondata website.Im having some issues I think might be related to the new
software/firmware version.
what is it doing? the new softwares is to add new ecu support would be my guess. thats what the pass 7 updates was.

I'm on the latest 2.5.9 with no problems

edit:
V2.5.9 (9 Jan 2017)

· FlashPro firmware updated to version 103
· Added support for the 2016-2017 Civic Turbo.
· Added FlashPro lock status to the main window status bar.
· [09+ TSX] Added deceleration VTC control.

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Is it ok to just use one of the included tunes on the flash pro if I'm not looking to custom tune for bolt ons for a while?? It has them for stock, SRI and CAI, 3 and 6psi, regular and high octane.
yes its perfectly fine to use one of the pre loaded flash. they are a very good basemap that doesnt require a custom tune. you can use 87 octane on both map. the knock control will adjust accordingly to the gas you are running.