A guide to tuning the 10th Generation Civic 1.5 turbo

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thanks for making the video. It explains a good bit of things on how the new ecu works

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Probably the most important information is at 0:25, bullets #2 and #3. Don't overload the 1.5 with high midrange torque. This is how we snap the rods.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Probably the most important information is at 0:25, bullets #2 and #3. Don't overload the 1.5 with high midrange torque. This is how we snap the rods.
I feel like the internals are strong enough from the factory. It's the clutch and flywheel that will not hold up( depends on what you mean by over load in torque ), in which you'll need a new one and most upgraded clutch make the car show misfire codes. Obviously this is easily fixable with flashpro, but as far as passing the inspection with the plug in, I'm not sure if it will pass, off topic a bit but it's very important people know that.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Torque is fun. My MS3 was making butt loads mid range and never snapped a rod. The Honda will be fine :p

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1.5 l rods are plenty strong from what I've read of them.
They are plenty strong enough. I can only see needing a minor upgrade on the clutch. These 1.5t's are potent and well designed from the factory, internal wise.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Although common sense to mainstream enthusiasts, one more thing to add...

The maintenance minder is no longer as accurate as it doesn't monitor a lot of the parameters that are modified through Flashpro. My recommendation is to do a UOA (used oil analysis) after each oil change to better understand the impact to oil quality. I'll let others chime in... but if it were me, I wouldn't let the oil integrity fall below 40% (initially). Keep an eye on the metal content and fuel dilution ratio. Anything above 1-2% might warrant changing the oil sooner.

This is only my opinion... take it for what it's worth.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
new to this is flashing erasing the stock memory on the cpu or what? is ther performance chips?

my brother in law had a new a3 with vessels an exhaust and a performance chip and blew the engine

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new to this is flashing erasing the stock memory on the cpu or what? is ther performance chips?

my brother in law had a new a3 with vessels an exhaust and a performance chip and blew the engine
It doesn't erase.
Sponsored