randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Vits tune is locked, BUT there was some stuff that seemed like I could check/uncheck. I never messed with it to see if it actually takes the changes.
Sponsored

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
I've had great results just adjusting the CMC rod a bit. Such a small adjustment had an impressively large positive impact on my shifting experience. Not taking anything from your suggestions but simply adding another.

I can now shift from 1st to 2nd as fast as I want.
Having siad that, I still plan on dumping the OEM fluid in favor of amsoil.
Has anyone tried this recently? In my head the adjustment makes sense but i'm concerned it would eat into built it compensation for clutch wear.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If you do dump the OEM MTF and replace it with Amsoil, how long are the intervals?
According to Amsoil, change intervals are from 50K to 150K. So I guess it would depend on how you drive. I would say 50 to 60K would be a safe bet, for me that would be every 3 to 4 years

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
If you do dump the OEM MTF and replace it with Amsoil, how long are the intervals?
As with any fluids, intervals are based on use conditions AND time.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I have to admit this is the best 6 speed gearbox I've ever driven hands down. Imho nobody in the industry makes a better manual then honda/acura. Even my old Integra GSRs shifted beautifully. Hopefully I don't have to switch to amsoil like others have mentioned.

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
Thanks, this works great also on my EU 1.0 turbo.

One of the best advices i got in a while!

When shifting, I release the accelerator completely, after that I push the clutch in and then as soon as possible I am back on the gas as the revs are still hanging/dropping. Then I pull slowly the clutch out and it is almost always smooth. Worst case scenario I found to be accelerating at lower to mid revs with high boost. In this case I pause half a second longer before I push the clutch in.

My cheats are AC always on, even if on mininum, shift above 3000rpm and ECON off. For some reason ECON mode hangs revs too much for me, but I am sure I could get used to it. I still have to try that oil change though.

alexf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 6M, 2004 Toyota Sienna CE
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just changed my fluid for fresh Honda MTF and it made a world of a difference. (Car had 55000km or 35000miles) It solved the shaky starts, shaky shifts and the jerking/bucking at low speeds. I would recommend trying to use fresh stock fluid before switching to an aftermarket fluid. For the record, I am in a cold climate (Montreal Canada)

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm surprised that no one mentioned double-clutching into 2nd gear as a solution to its "reluctance". The way I figure it, is if you have to wait a second in neutral to get a smooth 1-2 shift (which is something I got in a habit doing even if not double-clutching), you might as well double-clutch so you're saving that synchro a lot of work.

Now, for casual upshifts from 1st @ <3000ish rpm into 2nd, I single-clutch, but if I do rev-out first gear beyond 3k rpm, double-clutching is something I consider. Another situation to double-clutch is when downshifting into second, especially if skipping gears to do so.

2nd gear is just so "far away" from any of the other gears, that sometimes that poor synchro doesn't do what it's supposed to. I don't like to use a lot of pressure on the lever to shift, but I've actually have been "rejected" 2nd gear on occasion when the tranny was still cold, and the double-clutching virtually eliminates that from happening.

Just thought I would add to this collection of tips.

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Or you can just rev that b**** to 5K and slam the shifter into gear. Smoothest experience and for free, temporarily at least. :headbang:
Sponsored