randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah, it’s built in. You can find all kind of things with that tune. F.e. Under 2k rpm you have damping, your car won’t rock back and forth when you go off the throttle. Accelerating while cruise is set won’t deactivate it. So you can pass someone and then let the accelerator off - the speed will drop down to what you have it set to and will maintain it.
Sponsored

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it’s built in. You can find all kind of things with that tune. F.e. Under 2k rpm you have damping, your car won’t rock back and forth when you go off the throttle. Accelerating while cruise is set won’t deactivate it. So you can pass someone and then let the accelerator off - the speed will drop down to what you have it set to and will maintain it.
Omg that rocking is the worst! Damn I had no clue about all of this. That’s great. Can’t wait to try it out and see how much my driving experience improves!

Just to recap. Get in car. Turn on cruise control (press button) and drive. That’s it.

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes Sir. Activate it once and forget it. When you start your car next time it will be already active. When cruise control is activated it will eliminate rocking back and forth too if you miss that part. Staying under 2k works without cruise control. It’s somewhat overlapping features.

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes Sir. Activate it once and forget it. When you start your car next time it will be already active. When cruise control is activated it will eliminate rocking back and forth too if you miss that part. Staying under 2k works without cruise control. It’s somewhat overlapping features.
So today’s the first time I tried this out and noticed an immediate difference. It does help make shifting smoother however I noticed the car feels “detuned” now.

I’m running a VIT Stage 1 tune and when cruise control is enabled, the car feels like there’s no tune. When I turn off cruise control it feels normal again.

What’s up with this? Is there any way to fix this while keeping the rev hang enabled

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So today’s the first time I tried this out and noticed an immediate difference. It does help make shifting smoother however I noticed the car feels “detuned” now.

I’m running a VIT Stage 1 tune and when cruise control is enabled, the car feels like there’s no tune. When I turn off cruise control it feels normal again.

What’s up with this? Is there any way to fix this while keeping the rev hang enabled
Unfortunately I don't anything about the VIT Stage 1 tune. I know for TSP's Stage 1 tune it disables rev hang. It's probably possible to turn off rev hang by reflashing and unchecking the "disable rev hang" box in the quick enables, but this would mean it would disabled period, which is what I prefer

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately I don't anything about the VIT Stage 1 tune. I know for TSP's Stage 1 tune it disables rev hang. It's probably possible to turn off rev hang by reflashing and unchecking the "disable rev hang" box in the quick enables, but this would mean it would disabled period, which is what I prefer
So since the VIT tune was made from the manufacture, am I able to edit it/check or u check features such as rev hang?
I bought the car with the tune already enabled so I’ve never flashed or messed with the KTuner settings.

I would just like the VIT tune as usual with rev hang enabled.

Hopefully someone can chime in and educate me on this.

@KTuner

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So since the VIT tune was made from the manufacture, am I able to edit it/check or u check features such as rev hang?
I bought the car with the tune already enabled so I’ve never flashed or messed with the KTuner settings.

I would just like the VIT tune as usual with rev hang enabled.

Hopefully someone can chime in and educate me on this.

@KTuner
If you have a Ktuner and the original VIT Stage 1 tune file, you most likely cannot edit the tune itself, but there are some quick enables you can check or uncheck. You would re-load the tune (essentially reflashing) and if available, remove the check mark in the box disable rev hang. If you don't have the original file but have a Ktuner, you can reflash with one of the Ktuner base maps, but you would lose the VIT tune. You would do the same thing, in quick enables you would remove the check mark in the disable rev hang box and reflash, or you would turn on cruise control which I believe also enables rev hang in the Ktuner maps

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a Ktuner and the original VIT Stage 1 tune file, you most likely cannot edit the tune itself, but there are some quick enables you can check or uncheck. You would re-load the tune (essentially reflashing) and if available, remove the check mark in the box disable rev hang. If you don't have the original file but have a Ktuner, you can reflash with one of the Ktuner base maps, but you would lose the VIT tune. You would do the same thing, in quick enables you would remove the check mark in the disable rev hang box and reflash, or you would turn on cruise control which I believe also enables rev hang in the Ktuner maps
So I do have the KTuner and the VIT map is already installed but I don’t have it in another form so I don’t know if that counts or not?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I do have the KTuner and the VIT map is already installed but I don’t have it in another form so I don’t know if that counts or not?
Ktuner is the hardware device that you need to upload tunes like VIT map, TSP stage 1 and the Ktuner base maps. It sounds like you don't have one. Also the VIT tune that is uploaded to your ECU is probably attached to the serial number of the Ktuner or Hondata device used to reflash your ECU, so at this time you are probably stuck with the VIT tune, to reflash to stock you would need the original device

Spiff44

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Ktuner is the hardware device that you need to upload tunes like VIT map, TSP stage 1 and the Ktuner base maps. It sounds like you don't have one. Also the VIT tune that is uploaded to your ECU is probably attached to the serial number of the Ktuner or Hondata device used to reflash your ECU, so at this time you are probably stuck with the VIT tune, to reflash to stock you would need the original device
That sounds pretty obnoxious.. needing the exact device once you made an initial flash...

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

To my knowledge cruise control does not “detune” the car. And I have vits tune since he was still on these forums. I’m still hitting high 24 psi in sport with cruise control enabled. Car is more tame, throttle padding is there. Hence throttle response is slower possibly. That’s how I would explain it. To me they feel the same, it’s just that one is more wife friendly, and another one is for... idk anymore, I rarely take it out of cc anymore. Although, someone who knows Ktuner in and out could probably tell you what happens here.

Another way to shift smoothly is staying out of boost in 1st.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That sounds pretty obnoxious.. needing the exact device once you made an initial flash...
The reason for this is companies like Ktuner and Hondata don't want you to give your device or tune to a friend, so they lock it to the cars ECU and lock the tune to the serial number of the device. They spend a lot money and time on R&D building these devices and the tunes that go with them. It's like buying software...companies don't want you to give it away to all your friends and family or for you to pirate it. The person who sold you the car should have exercised responsibility and brought the car back to stock before giving it to you, or given you the option to buy whatever device he used (Ktuner or Hondata).

They give you the right to sell it to someone else, but you have to first bring your car back to stock in order to unlock the device

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The reason for this is companies like Ktuner and Hondata don't want you to give your device or tune to a friend, so they lock it to the cars ECU and lock the tune to the serial number of the device.
KTuner doesn't lock tunes to specific units. Tuner's can lock tunes they create to specific units if they choose to. I'm sure Vit did.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
KTuner doesn't lock tunes to specific units. Tuner's can lock tunes they create to specific units if they choose to. I'm sure Vit did.
Thank you for the correction
Sponsored