givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I finally upgraded from the ktuner base maps to the tsp stage 1 map and its amazing. I've just got a couple of questions that maybe some of you more knowledgeable members can answer.

1. tsp stage one tune comes with underboost condition p0299 turned off, why is this? Will anything bad happen if I uncheck the box?

2. I was told that .59 was the base knock control for the tsp stage 1 tune but as I drive my knock slowly drops down to .49 and holds steady is this normal?
Sponsored

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Your ECU will default to .59 Kcontrol any time it gets flashed.

The TSP tune can achieve the kcontrol minimum of .49 when utilized with ktuner when using the proper fuel.

Underboost should be left off. I don't recall exactly why it is disabled, but something to do with the turbo responsiveness setting in the tune. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm probably wrong. @D-RobIMW could better explain that one.

OP
OP

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Your ECU will default to .59 Kcontrol any time it gets flashed.

The TSP tune can achieve the kcontrol minimum of .49 when utilized with ktuner when using the proper fuel.

Underboost should be left off. I don't recall exactly why it is disabled, but something to do with the turbo responsiveness setting in the tune. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm probably wrong. @D-RobIMW could better explain that one.
Thanks I appreciate informative answer.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you don't disable P0299 you will throw a code. It is related to the rev hang disable.
P0299 is by default because of those who were using the original feature to disable boost dampening and didn't disable by default. Not needed for the rev hang disable or anything else at this point, since rev hang was updated and other options were released.
Sponsored