First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im told I need to reflash back to the stock map. Then unlock the ktuner from the car? Is that correct before they do the software update. What do I do about my race maf? The car will not run properly with it in and untuned. I do not have a street maf. Im at 31k and only have 5k more on my warranty.
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Im told I need to reflash back to the stock map. Then unlock the ktuner from the car? Is that correct before they do the software update. What do I do about my race maf? The car will not run properly with it in and untuned. I do not have a street maf. Im at 31k and only have 5k more on my warranty.

1 of 2 things....

A.) Shouldve kept and re-install OEM intake. Get the update

B.) Remove Ktuner, and run the RACE maf. Likely to throw a code, but they can still do the update id assume.

This is what ive concluded in my own position. But i havent gone in for Oil dilution update. And AC works fine in my 2018 Si.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea it runs like dog shit and will probably stall. idk how to flash using the app properly. i paid for the app and could but idk the correct way.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RobXsi can i install the oem intake without the resonator box and itll run ok just for them to do this?

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
@RobXsi can i install the oem intake without the resonator box and itll run ok just for them to do this?

I dont see that being a problem. Being its the MAF housing that matters. So using OEM maf housing is whats important. With or without resonator.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks. this has really been annoying me.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
This is what ive concluded in my own position. But i havent gone in for Oil dilution update. And AC works fine in my 2018 Si.
I have also decided NOT to get the OD update done, or to take my car anywhere near the Dealership unless I absolutely have to.

I see very little sign of OD. Oil level is EXACTLY where it was two weeks after we bought the car, and that was 9 months ago. Very slight smell of gas on the dip stick (compared to a non DI car), but nothing of any significance.
No smell of Rotten eggs, and certainly never any smell inside the car of gas.

No issue with gearbox ...

A/C still strong, and it is used almost every day -- winter or summer.

Lower engine splash guard still has all screws intact, and is not loose.

No micro-scratches or swirl marks in the paint, because it has never been "Dealer washed" - in fact, it has never set foot back at the Dealership since it was driven off their lot, after I insisted in being the one to attach the Tags.

The car only spent one day at the Dealership after it was delivered there from the factory, so they had no chance to mess with it .

Draw you own conclusions, but I would maintain that it is in such good condition because it was not messed about with by the Dealer, and all routine maintenance has been carried out by myself "CORRECTLY", and not the Dealer.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I have also decided NOT to get the OD update done, or to take my car anywhere near the Dealership unless I absolutely have to.

I see very little sign of OD. Oil level is EXACTLY where it was two weeks after we bought the car, and that was 9 months ago. Very slight smell of gas on the dip stick (compared to a non DI car), but nothing of any significance.
No smell of Rotten eggs, and certainly never any smell inside the car of gas.

No issue with gearbox ...

A/C still strong, and it is used almost every day -- winter or summer.

Lower engine splash guard still has all screws intact, and is not loose.

No micro-scratches or swirl marks in the paint, because it has never been "Dealer washed" - in fact, it has never set foot back at the Dealership since it was driven off their lot, after I insisted in being the one to attach the Tags.

The car only spent one day at the Dealership after it was delivered there from the factory, so they had no chance to mess with it .

Draw you own conclusions, but I would maintain that it is in such good condition because it was not messed about with by the Dealer, and all routine maintenance has been carried out by myself "CORRECTLY", and not the Dealer.

Dealers are shady as fuck!! I dont trust them as far as i could throw one of their dumbass techs. For the sake of your ride good thing you didnt take it in. I hear on the REGULAR. That people do the "complementary" oil change and the tech forgets to tighten to the oil drain plug. The dealership is ran by slime balls. Like You i service everything on my own car. And i will continue too. I do have a 100,000 mile warranty but i wont use it Inless i HAVE too.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just hope everyone knows refusing recall voids their warranty. Sitting here sweating while they work on mine right now. Have to walk through and baby sit.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Just hope everyone knows refusing recall voids their warranty. Sitting here sweating while they work on mine right now. Have to walk through and baby sit.

The so called "FIX" for OD is not a RECALL -- it's a "Service Advisory", and Honda has played it down, especially here in the USA, indicating it is only really meant for those in colder climates and who make frequent sort trips.

While there is talk and suggestion, that if you have the the OD fix carried out by your Dealer, then Honda will extend the engine warranty (for OD related issues), I have yet to see anything in writing, in a form of an official WARRANTY EXTENSION document, being issued to those that have this work done.

If I am wrong here, please can someone post a copy of the "OD Service Advisory Engine Warranty Extension", how doubt, if it does exist, the fine print will be a joke !!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
The so called "FIX" for OD is not a RECALL -- it's a "Service Advisory", and Honda has played it down, especially here in the USA, indicating it is only really meant for those in colder climates and who make frequent sort trips.

While there is talk and suggestion, that if you have the the OD fix carried out by your Dealer, then Honda will extend the engine warranty (for OD related issues), I have yet to see anything in writing, in a form of an official WARRANTY EXTENSION document, being issued to those that have this work done.

If I am wrong here, please can someone post a copy of the "OD Service Advisory Engine Warranty Extension", how doubt, if it does exist, the fine print will be a joke !!
I understand all those facts but it says right on the tsb if you refuse warranty will be void on the powertrain. It's a bullshit thing from Honda I agree. I'm just not ready to lose the warranty until I have more miles on the car.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I understand all those facts but it says right on the tsb if you refuse warranty will be void on the powertrain. It's a bullshit thing from Honda I agree. I'm just not ready to lose the warranty until I have more miles on the car.
I have not yet been contacted by Honda, to be informed that there is a OD TSB for my car :dunno:

The warranty denial assumes that the Powertrain fails from the effects of severe OD, that would not have happened if the TSB was done, when Honda should have informed me that this TSB was needed.

If one has a Factory build that is not suffering from severe OD, particularly if you are in a warmer country, and do frequent long trips, then your Power Train is not going to fail dues to OD.
My Si is due for another Oil Change (+ filter) this weekend, and I intend to be very careful to fill to an exact measurable level, so I can more accurately monitor and fuel adding to the level. (Will also be taking and keeping a sealed oil sample ;) )

To date, although I can smell a slight Fuel smell on the dipstick, and have NOT had any variation in Cold Oil level, after short trip or long trips, so I am taking the approach that the car "as is" from the factory is working "well", and I do not intend to let a Dealer get their hands on it and risk messing that up.

My choice, and I will be happy to be responsible for the consequences of MY actions, because it is clear to me that Dealers try not to be responsible for their actions, including damage to your car when on their property !!!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I have not yet been contacted by Honda, to be informed that there is a OD TSB for my car :dunno:

The warranty denial assumes that the Powertrain fails from the effects of severe OD, that would not have happened if the TSB was done, when Honda should have informed me that this TSB was needed.

If one has a Factory build that is not suffering from severe OD, particularly if you are in a warmer country, and do frequent long trips, then your Power Train is not going to fail dues to OD.
My Si is due for another Oil Change (+ filter) this weekend, and I intend to be very careful to fill to an exact measurable level, so I can more accurately monitor and fuel adding to the level. (Will also be taking and keeping a sealed oil sample ;) )

To date, although I can smell a slight Fuel smell on the dipstick, and have NOT had any variation in Cold Oil level, after short trip or long trips, so I am taking the approach that the car "as is" from the factory is working "well", and I do not intend to let a Dealer get their hands on it and risk messing that up.

My choice, and I will be happy to be responsible for the consequences of MY actions, because it is clear to me that Dealers try not to be responsible for their actions, including damage to your car when on their property !!!
I only did it for warranty issue. I personally think dealers do everything they can to screw us. I found alot of loose bolts after they were done and may have gone overboard yelling at the guy in the shop. But lose drain bolt means blown motor they would probably try to blame on me. I'm in a rush to get their shit oil out of my car and amsoil back in. I guess they didnt notice the fact I'm tuned.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey guys i realized something else, i dont have a cat on my dp and no defouler. im gonna throw codes....

Z32ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag

Go back on thr ktuner software on ur computer and look for map settings its going to have an option for the prl race map... i had the same problem and i re did the steps to intalling a new tune and notices the map option bar on the list i clicked it uploaded the tune and worked perfect no codes and pulls clean every gear.
Sponsored