9th gen Si vs 10th gen Si, a short comparison.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Don't come to the forum if you have nothing to offer but to whine about how you didn't get your way or the car isn't what you expected. I don't even know why people feel the need to come and do that.
It is a public forum with different types of people. That's just what happens. People have different views and complain when it wasn't the way they visioned it to be.

Honda and the SI brand is evolving. I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal it doesn't rev out to 8000 rpms anymore. It's faster and handles better. And it's an amazing car. Instead of bashing a car you don't own let's all appreciate it for what it is. No amount of whining will change what it is now.
You have to realize every person has different needs/wants in a car. I also don't see anyone making a big deal out of the revs. They are just saying that's what they miss from the previous gen cars. Not everyone wants a FASTER car but a more exciting car and to some, revving out to high rpm is more exciting than having gobs of low-mid range grunt.

To me, it just seems like your making the big deal out of nothing lol. It seems to be just a normal conversation and your just blowing it up making it a big deal because people don't like the car that you bought. Who cares. Not everyone is going to like it and that's the reality.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Si owners as a whole seems like pot-smoking hippies compared to some of Type R owners who seem like children with ADHD that forgot to take their Adderall.

This post right here just might become my new signature LOL:hmm::thumbsup::rofl:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It is a public forum with different types of people. That's just what happens. People have different views and complain when it wasn't the way they visioned it to be.

You have to realize every person has different needs/wants in a car. I also don't see anyone making a big deal out of the revs. They are just saying that's what they miss from the previous gen cars. Not everyone wants a FASTER car but a more exciting car and to some, revving out to high rpm is more exciting than having gobs of low-mid range grunt.

To me, it just seems like your making the big deal out of nothing lol. It seems to be just a normal conversation and your just blowing it up making it a big deal because people don't like the car that you bought. Who cares. Not everyone is going to like it and that's the reality.
No but it's not just here that people complain. It's literally on other forums, on YouTube pages and pages of people going at it. I didn't think I was making to much a deal about it. Just stating facts. If you enjoy your previous gen then continue to do so. But the whining about which one is better seems ridiculous to me cause there is nothing anyone can do about it now. It hasn't gotten personal to me like it seems it has to others. Just really tired of hearing all the whining.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Most of the 1.5 haters left after cars started showing up here. Kudos for their maturity. You should have seen it 3 months ago Doodle.:eek:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That happens with every car not just the SI. There are ppl who can't accept change.
Like I posted before, it happened when the 9th gen came out, and happened again when the 10th gen came out. I can guarantee you it will happen again when the 11th gen comes out.

People always try to justify their purchase over another car. Whether that be a Type R owner, Si owner, or just a 1.5t Civic owner.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
The Fiesta ST forums had a major meltdown over the 3-banger. Now the Focus ST forums are since Ford announced it will be built in China and imported here...

Last edited:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
No but it's not just here that people complain. It's literally on other forums, on YouTube pages and pages of people going at it. I didn't think I was making to much a deal about it. Just stating facts. If you enjoy your previous gen then continue to do so. But the whining about which one is better seems ridiculous to me cause there is nothing anyone can do about it now. It hasn't gotten personal to me like it seems it has to others. Just really tired of hearing all the whining.
You must be new to this. Welcome to the internet.

What you think is "whining" and "complaining" is actual civilized discussion. There has not been any thread locking or ban for misconduct in the Si section since the car was released. Every single person and post here in this Si subsection has been actual discussion. The only "whining" anybody sees is you whining about what you think is "whining".

If you want to live in an echo chamber of nothing but "the Si is amazing and without faults", don't log onto the internet. The internet is filled with........as much as it may shock you......different people, with different opinions. o_O

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Lol the test drive reviews are starting to crack me up. Nowhere near enough time for a proper review ...

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Car and Driver has a full test in this months issue.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There has not been any thread locking or ban for misconduct in the Si section since the car was released.. o_O
That might be because this site literally has skeleton crew that Moderates it...:crazy: as this site grows I see it getting more and more cluttered with BS and cross posting and other misc BS...:nono:

and the occasional bitching and arguing as well :p:catfight:

:dance:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
There has not been any thread locking or ban for misconduct in the Si section since the car was released.
There has, actually. Several threads have been temporarily removed, cleaned up, then restored and members have been banned. *looks around innocently*

That might be because this site literally has skeleton crew that Moderates it...
I've considered offering to become a moderator, but after my recent stint as a moderator at the Ridgeline Owner's Club, I'm not so sure. I tend to become consumed with cleaning and organization which detracts from my enjoyment of participating.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
There has, actually. Several threads have been temporarily removed, cleaned up, then restored and members have been banned. *looks around innocently*

I've considered offering to become a moderator, but after my recent stint as a moderator at the Ridgeline Owner's Club, I'm not so sure. I tend to become consumed with cleaning and organization which detracts from my enjoyment of participating.
I remember that thread. What someones mothers underwear drawer has to do with cars is..:eek:
Sponsored