9th gen Si vs 10th gen Si, a short comparison.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
With the more stringent MPG standards coming I'd expect most all cars in this class will have 1.5-1.8 liter engines by 2020. Heck even the next Accord is getting a 2.0. VW is putting a 1.4 in the Jetta.
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm okay with this. I rather like it. I would like more a bigger difference between driving modes though.

ECO - mundane power but super high MPG
NORMAL - basic blend between ECO and Sport - some power but still decent MPG
SPORT would be all power/response/etc with no regard for MPG what so ever

That would be fun. and with more and more electronics in cars I think it would be easy to do (some cars already have it). even our civics now do "some" things like this.

its the AGE OF TURBO

I think in the next few years Turbo's will get REALLY REFINED, REALLY FAST.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
The fact that you don't own an Civic SI X and you made an account here to tell everyone here who is enjoying their Si's just how much you don't like it... I mean come on. If you enjoy your 9th gen so much enjoy your 9th gen and stop bashing the forums. No offense but you guys sound like crybabies.
He has a 10G Civic...

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
With the more stringent MPG standards coming I'd expect most all cars in this class will have 1.5-1.8 liter engines by 2020. Heck even the next Accord is getting a 2.0. VW is putting a 1.4 in the Jetta.
Definitely. The process is well under way, with cars like the Focus, new Fiesta ST, and Minis even going down to three cylinders in some cases. The new Si represents the trend for modern affordable performance. In fact, the next Focus ST is supposedly going to have a 1.5T, albeit with a higher horsepower rating than the Si's motor.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Due to durability and emissions concerns, the downsizing trend may have plateaued.

"Downsized turbocharged engines continue to grow in popularity because they offer impressive fuel efficiency and squeeze out the power. But there’s a downside." - http://wardsauto.com/engines/engine-downsizing-comes-downside

"The trend of downsizing is over. Emissions tend to go up as engines get smaller." - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/age-engine-downsizing-says-volkswagen/

"Manufacturers are abandoning their tiniest engines in favor of larger displacement." - http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rope-car-emissions-gas-diesel-bigger-engines/

"Downsizing was and is pointless. The claimed real-world benefits just aren’t there, and manufacturers are at long last quietly admitting it." - https://www.carthrottle.com/post/ca...nsizing-was-a-stupid-waste-of-time-and-money/

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
That seems to be an EU issue as 3 of the articles are directed there.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He didn't make it seem like it from his previous comments. Maybe I missed it. Either way. He doesn't have an SI
What's your point? This is a 10G CIVIC forum, not just Si.

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Point being he came here to the SI forum in particular to express his complaints about the new generation of SI's. I really don't know why everyone feels the need to come on the forum and bash the car. Especially when the majority of here people like theirs. I'm glad you decided you needed to try and stick up for him. I guess he isn't an adult and needs you to step in for him.

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Actually if you had read the comments you would see what my point is. Don't come to the forum if you have nothing to offer but to whine about how you didn't get your way or the car isn't what you expected. I don't even know why people feel the need to come and do that. Things are always changing, nothing ever stays the same. It's evolution. If it does stay the same it stagnates. Perfect example is the tenth generation Evo X. They had the same car for 8 years. Didn't update the car at all. It's sales along with most of Mitsubishi's sales started slipping. So Mitsubishi sadly evolved. Axed the Evo and started making crossovers. Now with the help of the Nissan Renault group, Mitsubishi is making a comeback. Honda and the SI brand is evolving. I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal it doesn't rev out to 8000 rpms anymore. It's faster and handles better. And it's an amazing car. Instead of bashing a car you don't own let's all appreciate it for what it is. No amount of whining will change what it is now.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Goodness. I don't have this much grief from the Type R owners when I hang out over there! (Although, they do seem to have shorter fuses and fight a lot amongst themselves. Si owners as a whole seem like pot-smoking hippies compared to Type R owners who seem like children with ADHD that forgot to take their Adderall.)

Last edited:

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Point being he came here to the SI forum in particular to express his complaints about the new generation of SI's. I really don't know why everyone feels the need to come on the forum and bash the car. Especially when the majority of here people like theirs. I'm glad you decided you needed to try and stick up for him. I guess he isn't an adult and needs you to step in for him.
Aw, I'm sorry. Did you get triggered? Was his complaints a microagression? Do you need a safe space?
Sponsored