9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

elefas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 4dr MY2017
Country flag
If I remember correctly, I had to do two things. In my iPhone's bluetooth settings where it listed the headunit (I think mine was called "CAR-KIT"), I had to click on the info ("i") button next to it and enable Sync Contacts. Then in the head unit in the phone app, go to the contacts section, and I think there was a refresh or circular arrows-type of button at the bottom that syncs the contacts via bluetooth.
Confirming it works this way! Many thanks!
Sponsored

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
normally you have a fm amp in rear right if you don't power this unit(or bypass) signal is very slowly
for without amp stereo premium
for sound change speaker because speaker stock are very bad
Thanks for the input, but the LX and Sport model do not come with the FM module in the rear. Only the EX and Touring models apparently.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thanks for the input, but the LX and Sport model do not come with the FM module in the rear. Only the EX and Touring models apparently.
Check out the diagrams again. They show that the non-premium audio (LX/Sport models) don't have that Amp, instead they route a cable directly to the antenna. That might be what you need to intercept instead.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Has anyone bought this version off of amazon? My concern is the oil life being gone. I don’t care abt not seeing that, I’ve not had my 2017 LX sedan long enough to get an oil change yet and saw that you have to reset the maintenance reminder from the oil life on the tachometer. Would I still be able to reset the reminder? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08131TFD...olid=3RNZDIWX58AL8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
upload_2020-1-22_22-22-33.jpeg
http
I was just thinking the other day that I should be overdue for an oil change right now and I checked it showed I was still at 50% life. This didn't even cross my mind as a possibility until seeing your post. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gmgunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I was just thinking the other day that I should be overdue for an oil change right now and I checked it showed I was still at 50% life. This didn't even cross my mind as a possibility until seeing your post. Has anyone else experienced this?
I think I worked out that the higher trim packages can see their oil life and maintenance reminders on their head units and went ahead and bought mine. So it shouldn’t affect the oil life on the dash. I think it actually tracks viscosity and mileage so maybe it just seems to be lasting longer bc it’s more accurate. Hopefully. I’m 5k into my next change and only showing 50%

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I think I worked out that the higher trim packages can see their oil life and maintenance reminders on their head units and went ahead and bought mine. So it shouldn’t affect the oil life on the dash. I think it actually tracks viscosity and mileage so maybe it just seems to be lasting longer bc it’s more accurate. Hopefully. I’m 5k into my next change and only showing 50%
After posting my reply my oil % finally went down a bit so you could be totally right.

JessC

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just ordered one and I'll try and put it in next week but my question is, where do you put your phone? The space above the shifter is a bit cramped. Do you have a dashboard mount for your phone or what? Just curious.

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
Has anyone rooted one of these Chinese units? I'm going to give it a go when I get mine

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the PX6 have carplay? Is it worth getting the unit with built in carplay or just get the dongle? I have been weighing whether I should get one of these for over a year. I am close now, and just trying to get the best info before purchasing.

JessC

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the PX6 have carplay? Is it worth getting the unit with built in carplay or just get the dongle? I have been weighing whether I should get one of these for over a year. I am close now, and just trying to get the best info before purchasing.
The one I bought has wireless carplay I'm installing it this weekend to give it a shot.

qylie

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIVIC 1,5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Anyone has install this on Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2018 ?

Law

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I ordered the newest one with the wireless carplay. I'm also running a pair of 12" alpine subs and replaced all the speakers. No problems so far and I've had it installed for about 3 weeks now. I have a 2017 Hatchback EX. The lane watch camera works fine - there's a slight delay when I turn on my directional but it's not a big deal - you could just turn on your signal a second earlier than you normally would. The unit boots up quick and auto connects to phone (I have an Iphone XR). Sound is pretty good but the radio antenna isn't great. I play off Itunes/Spotify and a flash drive so this isn't the biggest issue to me. Steering wheel controls all work perfect. Fairly easy install - all plug and play. Here's the unit I bought and this is the best price you'll find. After hours and hours of research I determined the Daisata units were the best of the android head units so I made sure to buy one of those.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992517178.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.26624c4dPyUNJh
Sponsored