9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a android unit as well but from Phoenix automotive. You might have to go to the settings and activate the steering wheel controls.
There on mine in the settings there’s a factory settings option and it needs a pin to open it and the universal pin is 126. That’s what worked with my headunit
Sponsored

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Just received the new version of this headunit 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage with built in WIRELESS CarPlay.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) OzPi1I5

My experience was pretty good. Mostly worked out the box in the first try. I have a 2016 EX sedan trim

Here's what worked:
  • SWC, all buttons were mapped and configured. Software already had Honda Crider CANBUS profile enabled. CANBUS wires actually lined up in the harness
  • Wireless CarPlay functions as expected. Even better than the USB wireless carplay adapter for our stock head unit. VSS was detected properly
  • Rearview camera displayed normally. It just didn't have the different angles and lines like factory head unit
  • Climate control functions as expected
  • GPS was accurate
Here's what didn't work (but a little tweaking in software fixed it all)
  • LaneWatch button did nothing, nor did right hand turn
  • AM/FM radio was straight distorted garbage
  • Rearview camera angles
What I did to fix those 3 things
LaneWatch Went into Settings > Car > Factory Settings. 126 is passcode. Other > Customer Version > Version 2. Then head over to the CANBUS settings and set Right Hand Camera to normal.
This enabled right signal LaneWatch and hold to view function on the LaneWatch button
AM/FM Dasaita actually includes TWO extra harness to bypass the factory radio module as the "Amplified" harness that comes out of the radio is not meant to be plugged into my EX factory harness. Access the factory radio module in the rear passenger trim and disconnect all cables and use the provided harness with the green end to bypass the module. Then with the other standalone antenna adapter connects to the factory antenna wire behind the radio then into the radio. HD Radio is now received loud and clear with stations and song name shown
Rearview Camera I forgot where I went to, but i'm pretty sure its under car settings, you can enable factory guide lines and camera angles and that fixes these issues

Overall
I'm pretty shocked that EVERYTHING worked after a couple of tweaks and super happy that the head unit is finally not the Honda doo-doo. Since the built in amps in this Dasaita unit is more powerful and has a different sound EQ than the Honda factory ones, I have to retune my DSP with an RTA to get the levels I want back. I've done a complete audio overhaul which you can find in my post history

Now I've read every post in this 38 page thread and was put off by people saying certain things not working, but I just have to say... RTFM. Everything is provided to you by the manufacturer. They did a great job cooking up this custom Android build to pretty much replace the factory headunit to be as compatible as it can be. When things don't work out of the box, you can pretty much find a solution in the box if you have a basic knowledge of Car audio installations.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to PM me and find me in the Civic owners' discord.

Edit:
Tried to perform a manual update as instructed in the manual but it seems like I have a newer build number than what the manual has stated. It's probably because this is an updated hardware that includes wireless CarPlay. The build number (which is also a date stamp) is 2019-08-28
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) KdlVncF

Last edited:

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Any one have installed this into a 2018 si?,been doing some research what all is need as far as parts to make audio work or is another amp needed? I haven't ripped anything apart yet,looking for more info on the amp bypass, also read some where that with these units you cant reset your oil and what not, I'll have to pull some of the app files(from oem) and decompile them to see if I can make the run on a tablet as a test if I can do that might be able to throw together a little mod for these units to fix some of the not included features

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Any one have installed this into a 2018 si?,been doing some research what all is need as far as parts to make audio work or is another amp needed? I haven't ripped anything apart yet,looking for more info on the amp bypass, also read some where that with these units you cant reset your oil and what not, I'll have to pull some of the app files(from oem) and decompile them to see if I can make the run on a tablet as a test if I can do that might be able to throw together a little mod for these units to fix some of the not included features

If your car has a factory amp, the speaker outputs should be the same harness as behind the head unit in a non premium system. You can literally buy the AX-DSP-HON2 T-Harness and run a new speed wire from the factory amp speaker connections to the rear of the new android head unit. You’ll loose center channel and just have to splice up the sub wire. If you’re installing an amp, it’s better to run new 14AWG OFC wire anyway. I don’t know why people make a big deal out of it. It’s not hard to do

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
If your car has a factory amp, the speaker outputs should be the same harness as behind the head unit in a non premium system. You can literally buy the AX-DSP-HON2 T-Harness and run a new speed wire from the factory amp speaker connections to the rear of the new android head unit. You’ll loose center channel and just have to splice up the sub wire. If you’re installing an amp, it’s better to run new 14AWG OFC wire anyway. I don’t know why people make a big deal out of it. It’s not hard to do
I googled the harness,so that connects from amp to headunit and what is a speed wire, bud it's been since high school since I e done any audio work I. Cars but can make it happen and also what would I be tapping the sub into

Also googled speed wire so good on that

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I googled the harness,so that connects from amp to headunit and what is a speed wire, bud it's been since high school since I e done any audio work I. Cars but can make it happen and also what would I be tapping the sub into

Also googled speed wire so good on that
I was semi-wrong. The Amp harness is smaller than the speaker harness that's in the non-premium audio trims. The pinouts would be completely different if it were the same size. But all your speaker wires are by the factory amp. The pinouts can be found here. If you're not running new wires to the speaker, run the speed wire from the dasaita unit to the factory harness then tap into those speaker cables using t-taps. As far as maintaining CANBUS communication, just find the pinouts for the stock headunit for your trim and use a pre-manufactured t-harness to splice up to avoid cutting the factory cables behind the head unit

Edit

disregard the t-tap comment. @Yuma found the amp bypass harness https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-AB-HN1

Last edited:

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I use to own a dasiata px5 unit, which was the exact same as the Pheonix px5 (as a dasiata rep directed me to Pheonix for help with my unit in which i was rejected)

My unit (which I returned) had both antenna reception issues and a issue where the internal amp of the radio would kick out when the power door locks activated. Sometimes cycling the lock\unlock would bring the sound back, other times it didn't... Does anyone else have this issue? Has it been resolved? Or was it just my unit?

Reason I ask is I'm getting a little annoyed with my factory touch unit being slowwwww, with AliExpress having their 11\11 sale there's a few px6 units going on sale however with the issues the px5 unit had I'm a little worried about getting back in bed with an chinese unit in the civic....

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I use to own a dasiata px5 unit, which was the exact same as the Pheonix px5 (as a dasiata rep directed me to Pheonix for help with my unit in which i was rejected)

My unit (which I returned) had both antenna reception issues and a issue where the internal amp of the radio would kick out when the power door locks activated. Sometimes cycling the lock\unlock would bring the sound back, other times it didn't... Does anyone else have this issue? Has it been resolved? Or was it just my unit?

Reason I ask is I'm getting a little annoyed with my factory touch unit being slowwwww, with AliExpress having their 11\11 sale there's a few px6 units going on sale however with the issues the px5 unit had I'm a little worried about getting back in bed with an chinese unit in the civic....
I have a px5 and no issues whatsoever. Just takes some setting tweaking to get everything working.

liquidfusionv

First Name
Timmehhh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
I have a 2018 UK sports model with already integrated mic and antenna, does my existing cables for those work with this 9" Dasaita aftermarket head unit?
Would everything be plug and play? I assume I won't have any sound issues since mine isn't a Type R right?

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a px5 and no issues whatsoever. Just takes some setting tweaking to get everything working.
Thanks for the info, makes me wonder if I had a dud unit then.

I see there's a modification to make the factory mic work which is great, I'm now curious as to how much of the factory display remains in the instrument cluster.

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
px6 or joying model? i search to change unit because i have change speaker and headunit factory it's too slow ...and sound is good but no control with factory unit

after few research
-AX-AB-HN1 for bypass audio amp factory
-AX-DSP-X for filter all speaker
-AX-DSP-HON2 for directly plug in dsp and headunit
-bypass radio amp too
and new headunit daisata px 6 or joying intel airmont?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
for px6or px5 to rockchip is hot is necessarry add radiator with fan for heatsink (see video in youtube)
Sponsored