9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Yes it does, however you will need to purchase a separate dongle for that functionality. I even got it working with hondata mobile.
E2247D37-0A73-4E1B-A92E-3E6D453E3F24.jpeg
C33880D1-4D31-47A5-ACBC-84A384D03256.jpeg
Edit: Figured it out. If you swipe down from the top like you are trying to view notifications there is a menu button there (three vertical dots). When you push that, a [Settings] pop-up appears in the lower-right corner. I think I tried this before but didn't notice the [Settings] pop-up and just thought the menu button didn't do anything.

How do you change Hondata Mobile settings like the gauges on the headunit? When I got it running on my tablet, I had menu buttons to get to the different menus. On the headunit, I don't have a menu button, and the app doesn't have any menu links. I've seen videos where you click on the gauges and it takes you to another screen (looked like an older version), but that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21040

Does anyone know of any good aesthetically looking and quality aftermarket Android radios? I feel uneasy with this entire thread and would love it if someone might be able to steer me into the right direction; I've been looking at Phoenix, Belsee, and Dasaita: which happen to literally be from the same manufacturing company in China. Thanks!

Deleted member 21040

i got the Phoenix Android newest model, Octa-Core, 4GB RAM, 32GB Memory runs great so far.
Curious, how has this head unit held up over time? I've heard mixed feelings about this Chinese aftermarket radios...

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone know how to play music from your phone through bluetooth? My wife drove my car the other day and doesn't enjoy my metal (no accounting for taste, lol) and confirmed the radio reception sucks. I played with it for a while today and couldn't figure out how to get it to play from a bluetooth source.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Anyone know how to play music from your phone through bluetooth? My wife drove my car the other day and doesn't enjoy my metal (no accounting for taste, lol) and confirmed the radio reception sucks. I played with it for a while today and couldn't figure out how to get it to play from a bluetooth source.
On the Bluetooth menu where you pair your device, there should be an icon that looks like a phone w/a musical note. That is where you would play your music through Bluetooth after you pair your device.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to use the A2DP app to play from bluetooth and have to manually start it on the radio every time.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Can someone tell me if the bezel around the Phoenix head unit is matte like AC controls or glossy?

I've seen both in pictures but I don't know what they'll actually send? I'm considering this HU but glossy is an absolute deal-breaker for me.

OP
OP
DrToothache

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone tell me if the bezel around the Phoenix head unit is matte like AC controls or glossy?

I've seen both in pictures but I don't know what they'll actually send? I'm considering this HU but glossy is an absolute deal-breaker for me.
The current unit that they are selling is glossy. The matte one is their old version. I have owned both and much preferred the look of the matte version but unfortunately if you want android 6.0 and sleep function you have to go with glossy :/

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
The link I used on DrToothache's OP got me a Quad-core, 2GB RAM, 32 GB storage, Android 7, w/ matte black finish. It doesn't have unlimited sleep, but I'm hesitant to even set mine to a couple of hours, so no loss for me.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
How long did it take for you guys to receive your Phoenix Android head unit when ordered from China compared to their US stock?

btonetbone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
How long did it take for you guys to receive your Phoenix Android head unit when ordered from China compared to their US stock?
My Phoenix radio shipped out of Hong Kong and arrived in Atlanta about 36 hours later via DHL Express. It was extremely fast!

However, because I was unsatisfied with my radio, I had to return it. Return shipping to China (separate location) was slow and expensive.

I would recommend buying yours in the country where you live, in case you need to return.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are planning on buying one just get it from the place in LA as that is where you return it if there is a problem. They just sent me a shipping label and i sent it back. Just waiting for a replacement.

.eemedina.

trying hard without looking like it
First Name
Elvira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, i have a question: is anybody successfully running the tuner view app successfully in this head unit? TIA

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
It took about a week to get mine from China.
Sponsored